Parcel tape firm is sticking to England
ENGLAND S cricketers may seem to be batting on sticky wickets, but a St Ives-based business is trying to persuade the football team to stick to its task. Le Mark Group, internationally known manufacturers of self-adhesive products, were quick to produce a
ENGLAND'S cricketers may seem to be batting on sticky wickets, but a St Ives-based business is trying to persuade the football team to stick to its task.
Le Mark Group, internationally known manufacturers of self-adhesive products, were quick to produce a custom-printed parcel tape with the legend "Come on England - we're sticking with you all the way".
The original concept was a promotional give-away for clients purchasing from Le Mark during the World Cup period. Le Mark, a former Hunts Post Business Awards winner, also used the tape on every package that left the factory.
Managing Director Stuart Gibbons, an avid early morning GMTV viewer, picked up on comments made by GMTV presenter Fiona Phillips. After a complimentary roll of the custom printed tape was sent to her, the company got an unexpected on-air thank you - and plenty of free publicity.
You may also want to watch:
"The tape was also seen for about five minutes and that proved to be enough," Mr Gibbons said.
"Le Mark's web site has been buzzing with requests from private individuals wanting to find out how and where to buy the rolls of printed tape. At the moment the printed tapes are very much available, as long as we have stock. However, we are offering one free roll to customers or callers.
- 1 Homes plan will 'breathe new life' into town
- 2 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 3 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 4 Read our focus on Ramsey town centre
- 5 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 6 Charity 130-mile trek raises over £4,000 after rare diagnosis for Hunts man
- 7 Grants handed out to help people with cancer in Hunts total £17,000
- 8 WATCH: One minute silence to honour the Duke
- 9 Best Seat in the House - Meal boxes - are they an over-priced luxury?
- 10 More Readers' Photos for this week
"What started as a simple lighthearted way of supporting England's efforts during the World Cup has become a sought-after accessory for fans wanting to support the team, throughout the country.