Packing firm announces £3 million investment into sites across Cambridgeshire
- Credit: Archant
A leading packaging manufacturer has announced a multi-million pound investment, which is set to transform its Cambridgeshire sites.
Coveris, which has factories based in Eynesbury and Eaton Socon, will invest £3 million into its environmentally-friendly carton board division.
As a part of the plan, three locations across the county will be refurbished, along with new machinery installed, modernisation of equipment and extensive staff training.
Michael Marshall, operations director of Coveris’ paper division, said: “The announcement of the investment plan for our board division marks an exciting time for Coveris. From site modernisation to installation of new machinery and staff training, the investment plan encompasses the whole board business.”
The investment, the company says, will also achieve streamlined production, enhanced capabilities and better manufacturing processes, reliability and consistency, supporting future growth.
You may also want to watch:
“Our immediate focus is that customers see the benefit of our investments with a smooth transition and enhanced operational performance.
“Long term, these investments demonstrate our commitment to continue as a leading and innovative supplier of board packaging to the food industry,” added Mr Marshall.
- 1 The Windmill pub is set to reopen after extensive refurbishment
- 2 Life is sweet! Cheesecake emporium opens in Brampton
- 3 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 4 Tudor history and famous Chinese Bridge in Godmanchester
- 5 Riley turns imagination into reality with best-selling adventure book
- 6 Celebration of food and drink at town's first street food festival
- 7 Rainbow alliance set out their stall for Cambridgeshire
- 8 Paedophile foiled by undercover officer
- 9 Do you have items of history for nostalgia group?
- 10 Godmanchester community pulled together throughout the pandemic
The company manufactures carton board packaging for various sectors of the food industry, and its products include sandwich skillets, nested trays, sleeves, cartons and foodservice ranges.
Coveris’ sites also house CAD and plate making facilities, as well as a creative design centre, the latter also planned for refurbishment.
In partnership with the worldwide brands, Coveris develops products that protect everything from the food we eat, to medical supplies, to the touch screen device in our pockets.