Owls about that...
THE competition to name a new baby owl at The Raptor Foundation, run in The Hunts Post, has been won by Pam Linington, a grandmother from Ramsey. Mrs Linington, whose grandchildren, Jenny, nine, and Tim, seven, are big fans of Harry Potter - and of the bi
THE competition to name a new baby owl at The Raptor Foundation, run in The Hunts Post, has been won by Pam Linington, a grandmother from Ramsey.
Mrs Linington, whose grandchildren, Jenny, nine, and Tim, seven, are big fans of Harry Potter - and of the bird sanctuary - suggested the name Quiddich, the game played on broomsticks by Harry and his classmates at Hogwarts School.
Mrs Linington said: "I was amazed that no one else suggested the name and I was surprised to win because I had forgotten all about it."
She has won a year's free pass to the bird sanctuary in Woodhurst which has 210 birds and 41 different varieties. Mrs Linington, 71, added: "My grandchildren are really excited. My daughter Elspeth and I have both had flying sessions there as birthday presents."
You may also want to watch:
The Raptor Foundation celebrates its 10th birthday in August. To mark the occasion there will be free entry for everyone on the weekend of August 12 and 13 with requests for donations.
INFORMATION: The Raptor Foundation is at The Heath, St Ives Road, Woodhurst. It is open every day from 10am to 5pm. Admission: adults £4, children aged two to four, £1, aged five to 14, £2.50. Seniors and wheelchair users £3. Family ticket £11. Contact 01487 741140 or see www.raptorfoundation.org.uk
- 1 Homes plan will 'breathe new life' into town
- 2 Shops, homes and office space plan for town centre building
- 3 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 4 Read our focus on Ramsey town centre
- 5 St Neots man banned from pubs for two years
- 6 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 7 Memories of St Neots' town centre
- 8 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 9 Grants handed out to help people with cancer in Hunts total £17,000
- 10 'Am I being overcharged for gas and electricity'?