Overnight closures planned as work starts on A1(M) maintenance
- Credit: Archant
Essential maintenance work on the A1(M) between Huntingdon and Peterborough will start later this week.
The work, which involves resurfacing the motorway, installing new road markings and repairing drainage between junctions 17 and 16, will start on Friday.
It is expected to complete around August.
To carry out the work safely, Highways England says there will be overnight lane closures and the entry slip roads will be closed at junctions 17 and 16.
The A1(M) will also be closed southbound between the two junctions between 9pm and 7am. During the day there will be a 50mph speed limit in place, with lanes narrowed where officials are working.
You may also want to watch:
During the closures there will be clearly signed diversion routes in place. Drivers will exit at junction 17, taking the A1139 to junction 3, then the A1260 to the A15, exiting at junction 16 to re-join the A1(M).
For the latest information on these works including closures and diversions details, visit www.trafficengland.com.
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Lorry driver who 'couldn't stand up' was three times over drink-drive limit
- 3 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 4 Fantastic snow photos from our Hunts Post readers
- 5 It's snowing! Send us your snow photos
- 6 Ramsey schoolgirl names new housing development
- 7 Hunts police called to 'numerous breaches' of covid regulations
- 8 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 9 Two men to appear in court to face aggravated burglary charges.
- 10 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy