Overnight closures planned as work starts on A1(M) maintenance
- Credit: Archant
Essential maintenance work on the A1(M) between Huntingdon and Peterborough will start later this week.
The work, which involves resurfacing the motorway, installing new road markings and repairing drainage between junctions 17 and 16, will start on Friday.
It is expected to complete around August.
To carry out the work safely, Highways England says there will be overnight lane closures and the entry slip roads will be closed at junctions 17 and 16.
The A1(M) will also be closed southbound between the two junctions between 9pm and 7am. During the day there will be a 50mph speed limit in place, with lanes narrowed where officials are working.
You may also want to watch:
During the closures there will be clearly signed diversion routes in place. Drivers will exit at junction 17, taking the A1139 to junction 3, then the A1260 to the A15, exiting at junction 16 to re-join the A1(M).
For the latest information on these works including closures and diversions details, visit www.trafficengland.com.
- 1 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 2 One minute silence to honour the Duke
- 3 Domestic abuse survivor speaks out on 'reign of terror'
- 4 Concerns raised about increase in lorries if plan goes ahead
- 5 New emergency facilities open at Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 6 Woman who died in fatal crash in Eaton Ford has been named
- 7 Tim retires after 25 years with law firm
- 8 Do you remember the old cinemas in Huntingdonshire?
- 9 New griddle restaurant opens in St Neots
- 10 Hunts Post Reader Photos for this week