Overnight closures at Brampton Hut
THE westbound A14 in the area around Brampton Hut will be closed overnight this weekend as work continues to install traffic lights and re-model the intersection. The road will be shut between junctions 20 (Ellington) and 22 (Huntingdon racecourse) on Fri
THE westbound A14 in the area around Brampton Hut will be closed overnight this weekend as work continues to install traffic lights and re-model the intersection.
The road will be shut between junctions 20 (Ellington) and 22 (Huntingdon racecourse) on Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday nights, but at different times. Diversions will be signed.
Friday's closure will be at 9pm, with the road re-opening at 9am on Saturday. Saturday's shutdown will be from 7pm to 11am, Sundays from 9pm to 6am, and Monday's from 8pm to 6am on Tuesday.
The northbound off-slip road from the A1 and the southbound on-slip road will also be closed.
You may also want to watch:
Westbound A14 traffic will be sent straight on at Spittals to join the A1(M) at Alconbury and will be diverted by way of the A605 from Peterborough Services to rejoin the A14 at junction 13 at Thrapston.
Drivers wishing to travel south on the A1 will join it at Alconbury. Those on the northbound carriageway and wishing to join the A14 will do so at Alconbury for eastbound travellers or at Thrapston, using the same westbound diversion as other A14 traffic.
- 1 Royal Oak in Hail Weston named as the best pub in Cambridgeshire
- 2 Life sentence for Huntingdon paedophile who abused seven girls
- 3 Equipment worth £6,000 stolen from farm during overnight break-in
- 4 Huntingdon man found with stash of drugs and cash is jailed
- 5 Road closure in Huntingdon over weekend of July 31
- 6 Brampton's 'fantastic' village fete welcomes 4,000 revellers
- 7 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 8 St Ives woman who sold ecstasy to school children avoids jail
- 9 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 10 Leader champions Huntingdonshire as 'great place to live'
The arrangements are slightly complicated on Sunday morning because of a clay pigeon shoot at High Harthay Farm near the Brampton Hut junction, starting at 9am. The Highways Agency and contractors are making special arrangements to escort shooters through the roadworks. Arrangements can be made with the traffic safety officer on 07950 380785.