Over-development is Government's fault
IF Jim Lomax and the local Labour Party are so concerned about increased housing density in Oxmoor (Letters, August 27) then why don t they take this up with the Labour Government, which insists on forcing so much development on the area? Gordon Brown has
IF Jim Lomax and the local Labour Party are so concerned about increased housing density in Oxmoor (Letters, August 27) then why don't they take this up with the Labour Government, which insists on forcing so much development on the area?
Gordon Brown has changed his mind on so many other issues lately that I'm sure he would do the same on this.
As a long serving and well respected former councillor, I'm sure Jim would welcome the efforts by the current town council in Huntingdon to improve play and leisure facilities in the town and enhance our green spaces. We have funded improvements at Coneygear Park, Hinchingbrooke Country Park and also at the Nursery Road and Sapley Road play areas. We are also looking at improvements to the Birds Estate in Hartford and the Town Park to name but a few.
Councillor TOM SANDERSON
You may also want to watch:
Huntingdon Town Council
- 1 ‘The most glamorous christening the vicar had ever seen!’
- 2 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 3 Man in his 80s dies in fatal Buckden Road crash at Brampton
- 4 Concerns over planned travel hub at railway station
- 5 Off-duty detective snares £200k drug dealer
- 6 Drug dealer who 'exploited vulnerable people' linked to 101 wraps of cocaine
- 7 Police find string of ponies in middle of Cambridgeshire road
- 8 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 9 Wanted woman accused of killing children in M1 crash could be in Huntingdon
- 10 Computing pioneer Sir Clive Sinclair who had links to St Ives dies aged 81