Out of the pot - into the 'Munchies'
USUALLY, your reporting of local events and news is commendable. However, I feel that the reporting of the Huntingdon drugs factory , house fire lacked certain information. First that, when the shout reached the fire HQ, even firemen not on shift volun
USUALLY, your reporting of local events and news is commendable. However, I feel that the reporting of the Huntingdon 'drugs factory', house fire lacked certain information.
First that, when the 'shout' reached the fire HQ, even firemen not on shift volunteered their help even saying that, because of the credit crunch, that they wouldn't claim overtime. A crew of eight was required, but 50 offered.
Secondly, that some fire fighters were heard to say that they wouldn't require breathing apparatus. The largest omission was that afterwards McDonalds, Frankie and Bennys and Kentucky Fried Chicken all sold out of burgers etc and Sainsbury's reported selling out of Mars bars and chocolate digestive biscuits, all citing very hungry firemen clearing them out, all in very good humour.
Lastly, during a press conference the chief fire officer was quoted as saying: "Hey man, that was a bonfire."
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Homes plan will 'breathe new life' into town
- 2 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 3 Shops, homes and office space plan for town centre building
- 4 Read our focus on Ramsey town centre
- 5 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 6 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 7 Grants handed out to help people with cancer in Hunts total £17,000
- 8 Charity 130-mile trek raises over £4,000 after rare diagnosis for Hunts man
- 9 WATCH: One minute silence to honour the Duke
- 10 'Am I being overcharged for gas and electricity'?