Open day will highlight Shopmobility
A NEW Shopmobility scheme opens in Huntingdon on Saturday when there will be a free preview for the public to discover what s on offer. The open day will provide a chance to see the equipment available, sign up for a membership or make a booking. The new
A NEW Shopmobility scheme opens in Huntingdon on Saturday when there will be a free preview for the public to discover what's on offer.
The open day will provide a chance to see the equipment available, sign up for a membership or make a booking.
The new scheme, based at Princess Street car park, Huntingdon, officially opens for business on Wednesday, November 1.
It will then operate every Wednesday to Saturday from 9.30am to 4.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
The service aims to provide for the growing needs of people who require mobility scooters (and other selected equipment) who until now may not have had access to them.
The Shopmobility unit will have 12 mobility scooters as well as manual wheelchairs.
- 1 Seven arrested after £70k-worth of bicycles stolen
- 2 St Ives beloved market returns to town centre
- 3 Fundraising day at St Neots pub
- 4 Village job club providing vital service
- 5 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 6 Magic show set to go Wrong on stage at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 7 What are the outstanding primary schools in Huntingdonshire?
- 8 New programme of events for Commemoration Hall
- 9 Benefits cut will leave Hunts families 'in debt', warns charity
- 10 Health chief’s stark warning: ‘The virus doesn’t care we changed the rules’
The centre will be manned and will have disabled toilet facilities on site.
Anyone wishing to join the scheme will have to provide proof of their name and address before they can borrow equipment.
INFORMATION: Shopmobility will hold its open day on Saturday from at 10am to 2pm. Anyone interested in volunteering can call Debbie Drew on 01480 432793.