Open day will highlight Shopmobility
A NEW Shopmobility scheme opens in Huntingdon on Saturday when there will be a free preview for the public to discover what s on offer. The open day will provide a chance to see the equipment available, sign up for a membership or make a booking. The new
A NEW Shopmobility scheme opens in Huntingdon on Saturday when there will be a free preview for the public to discover what's on offer.
The open day will provide a chance to see the equipment available, sign up for a membership or make a booking.
The new scheme, based at Princess Street car park, Huntingdon, officially opens for business on Wednesday, November 1.
It will then operate every Wednesday to Saturday from 9.30am to 4.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
The service aims to provide for the growing needs of people who require mobility scooters (and other selected equipment) who until now may not have had access to them.
The Shopmobility unit will have 12 mobility scooters as well as manual wheelchairs.
- 1 St Neots man banned from pubs for two years
- 2 Man who died in road crash is named
- 3 Brampton Post Office customers say fond farewell to postmaster
- 4 Shops, homes and office space plan for town centre building
- 5 Organic Hunts beauty company Bossy Glossy gets celebrity support
- 6 Fish and Chip shop wins award
- 7 Free Covid testing kits now available at some pharmacies
- 8 St Neots care assistant Jack set to shine in BBC Three's Glow Up
- 9 Primary school earns Fairtrade status
- 10 Memories of St Neots' town centre
The centre will be manned and will have disabled toilet facilities on site.
Anyone wishing to join the scheme will have to provide proof of their name and address before they can borrow equipment.
INFORMATION: Shopmobility will hold its open day on Saturday from at 10am to 2pm. Anyone interested in volunteering can call Debbie Drew on 01480 432793.