‘Only a few still believe in climate crisis’
SARAH Gladwell’s letter (Emission Action, July 31) is well-meaning but misinformed.
She must be the only person in Cambridgeshire who still believes we face a ‘climate crisis’ because of carbon dioxide.
Let me remind readers of the facts (not the fantasies from computer modelling).
1. The total human contribution to atmospheric carbon dioxide (CO2) is just 4 per cent, the remaining 96 per cent enters the atmosphere mostly from the oceans and sparsely populated tropical rainforest areas (as measured by SCIAMACHY).
2. As the earth warms then CO2 levels rise - not the other way round.
You may also want to watch:
3. Current levels of CO2 (around 390 parts per million) are low compared even to the relatively recent past (a few hundred thousand years ago). Plants are now ‘gasping for breath’. Cutting CO2 (even if we could) would starve people by causing reduced harvests, killing those who already live on the edge.
The World ?’Development‘ Movement seems a misnomer. Trying to cut the use of fossil fuels is to condemn developing countries to continuing poverty. They need reliable energy and a lively free market rather than windmills and the likes of Robert Mugabe.
- 1 Family farmers win court case against oat milk giants
- 2 Driver escapes injury after A14 lorry fire
- 3 Look inside new £260,000 luxury flats at former 90s nightclub
- 4 Huntingdon home to one of the most 'luxurious' breakfasts in the UK
- 5 Four dogs rescued after being abandoned on A14
- 6 Great turnout and 'disco royalty' at DSCNNCT festival
- 7 Pigeons still roosting on old A14 bridge despite preventative mesh
- 8 Huntingdon 'predator' jailed for raping woman at his home
- 9 Visiting to resume at Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 10 8 countries added to UK green travel list
Rev Philip Foster