Oliver Cromwell steam engine to pass through Huntingdonshire
THE locomotive which hauled the last British Rail passenger steam train will be passing through Huntingdon and St Neots on Saturday (February 28). The Oliver Cromwell will pass through Huntingdonshire at about lunchtime on its journey from Cleethorpes to
THE locomotive which hauled the last British Rail passenger steam train will be passing through Huntingdon and St Neots on Saturday (February 28).
The Oliver Cromwell will pass through Huntingdonshire at about lunchtime on its journey from Cleethorpes to London Kings Cross.
This Britannia-class Pacific No 70013 originally ran on the Norwich to London line, and made its final trip on August 11, 1968.
Saturday's journey will mark the first time the Oliver Cromwell has pulled a train out of Cleethorpes for 40 years.
You may also want to watch:
It will depart at about 7am calling at Grimsby, Barnetby, Scunthorpe, Crowle and Doncaster. It will then head southwards from Doncaster on the East Coast Mainline. After taking water at Retford it will head further down the East Coast Mainline passing through Grantham and down Stoke Bank to Peterborough for another water stop.
It will then continue south through Huntingdon (passing through between 12.30pm and 1pm) then on to St Neots and Stevenage before arriving at London Kings Cross.
- 1 What are the outstanding primary schools in Huntingdonshire?
- 2 Patients avoided going to the doctor out of fear of 'catching Covid'
- 3 Hoax caller flouted strict court order after just three days
- 4 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 5 'We want to help our market towns' - Funding plans extended due to pandemic
- 6 Huntingdon care home company scoops award in region's top 20
- 7 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 8 New community space opens at Alconbury Weald
- 9 Homebirths suspended at Hinchingbrooke Hospital due to staff shortages
- 10 Olive Indian receives service award for a second year
INFORMATION: To find out more, visit www.railwaytouring.co.uk If you get a photograph or video of The Oliver Cromwell passing through Huntingdon or St Neots, e-mail it to: Editor@huntspost.co.uk
CAPTION: The Oliver Cromwell
The Oliver Cromwell train timetable is (approximate times/subject to changes):
Cleethorpes - 7.07am
Grimsby - 7.17am
Barnetby - 7.40am
Scunthorpe - 8.27am
Crowle - 8.43am
Hatfield - 9.01am
Doncaster - 9.22am
Retford - 10.17am
Huntingdon - 12.30pm
St Neots - 12.40pm
London Kings Cross - 1.47pm