Office makes Atlantic crossing
A GARDENER whose office garden won a silver medal at the 2005 Chelsea Flower Show is now to see her garden recreated in Canada. Hail Weston-based garden designer Dawn Isaac will this month see her creation rebuilt at the Montreal Flora International Fes
A GARDENER whose "office garden" won a silver medal at the 2005 Chelsea Flower Show is now to see her garden recreated in Canada.
Hail Weston-based garden designer Dawn Isaac will this month see her creation rebuilt at the Montreal Flora International Festival.
Dawn's SoGo (Small Office, Garden Office) was chosen as a showcase garden after the Montreal organisers saw the original at the Chelsea show. The Canadian festival will run from Friday to October at the Parc des Ecluses in the Old Port of Montreal and is expected to attract more than 300,000 visitors from around the world.
Mrs Isaac said the relocation of the garden to Canada had provided some horticultural challenges.
You may also want to watch:
"The planting scheme has probably proved the greatest obstacle," she said. "What looks good in Chelsea for a week in May, and what can withstand the Canadian climate for four long months are rarely the same plant. When you add to that the need to have specific colours and lasting structure, you can imagine how difficult this has been."
The garden, designed by Dawn and colleague Lizzie Taylor, was initially sponsored by Microsoft at the Chelsea Flower Show. It was sold on eBay at the end the event and is appearing at the Montreal Festival by kind permission of its current owners.
- 1 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 2 One minute silence to honour the Duke
- 3 Domestic abuse survivor speaks out on 'reign of terror'
- 4 Concerns raised about increase in lorries if plan goes ahead
- 5 New emergency facilities open at Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 6 Hunts Post Reader Photos for this week
- 7 Woman who died in fatal crash in Eaton Ford has been named
- 8 Tim retires after 25 years with law firm
- 9 Do you remember the old cinemas in Huntingdonshire?
- 10 New griddle restaurant opens in St Neots
The Microsoft SoGo Garden creates an office among the plants. At its centre is a brushed steel "work pod" which contains a chair with built-in table, providing workspace for a mobile phone and laptop.
INFORMATION: Contact Dawn Isaac on 01480 477003 or e-mail email@example.com