Nursery school is outstanding’
IN one of the first new- style Ofsted reports where schools are given no notice of the inspector s visit, Eaton Socon Pre-School has been marked as outstanding. The report says the youngsters are cared for in light, airy, clean surroundings where they
IN one of the first new- style Ofsted reports where schools are given no notice of the inspector's visit, Eaton Socon Pre-School has been marked as "outstanding."
The report says the youngsters are "cared for in light, airy, clean surroundings where they learn the importance of good hygiene and personal care".
The Office for Standards in Education said the pre-school's provision for helping children to be healthy was outstanding. It commended the pre-school saying that: "Children are well-nourished and their dietary needs are catered for, promoting growth and development."
Staff were praised for being "exceptionally vigilant by letting everyone know how many staff, children and visitors are present and keeping each other informed between rooms by way of walkie talkies."
You may also want to watch:
They were also praised for providing "appropriate and extensive physical challenges" for their children in "a safe and very well planned environment."
The report said provision for helping children achieve well and enjoy what they did was good and that children "enjoyed coming to the setting and have a positive attitude to learning".
- 1 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 2 Motorist crashes into telephone pole at Wyton
- 3 Road closure in Huntingdon over weekend of July 31
- 4 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 5 St Ives woman who sold ecstasy to school children avoids jail
- 6 First post-lockdown Parkrun in St Neots held in memory of four runners
- 7 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 8 Heroin worth £1.7m found in holdall in car in St Neots
- 9 Roman millstone with 2,000-year-old engraving of penis to go on display
- 10 7 of the prettiest villages in Huntingdonshire
The report also said that parents spoke highly of the setting and that the pre-school's relationship with parents and carers was good, with parents being kept updated regularly through newletters, informal meetings and questionnaires.
The only area for improvement was a recommendation that the pre-school "develops assessment opportunities to ensure that children's learning and achievements are fully recorded".
INFORMATION: Eaton Socon Pre-school opened in 1979 and operates from two joined mobile rooms.
It currently has 52 children. Call: 01480 406047