Nursery school is outstanding’
IN one of the first new- style Ofsted reports where schools are given no notice of the inspector s visit, Eaton Socon Pre-School has been marked as outstanding. The report says the youngsters are cared for in light, airy, clean surroundings where they
IN one of the first new- style Ofsted reports where schools are given no notice of the inspector's visit, Eaton Socon Pre-School has been marked as "outstanding."
The report says the youngsters are "cared for in light, airy, clean surroundings where they learn the importance of good hygiene and personal care".
The Office for Standards in Education said the pre-school's provision for helping children to be healthy was outstanding. It commended the pre-school saying that: "Children are well-nourished and their dietary needs are catered for, promoting growth and development."
Staff were praised for being "exceptionally vigilant by letting everyone know how many staff, children and visitors are present and keeping each other informed between rooms by way of walkie talkies."
You may also want to watch:
They were also praised for providing "appropriate and extensive physical challenges" for their children in "a safe and very well planned environment."
The report said provision for helping children achieve well and enjoy what they did was good and that children "enjoyed coming to the setting and have a positive attitude to learning".
- 1 St Neots man banned from pubs for two years
- 2 Shops, homes and office space plan for town centre building
- 3 Man who died in road crash is named
- 4 Fish and Chip shop wins award
- 5 Organic Hunts beauty company Bossy Glossy gets celebrity support
- 6 St Neots care assistant Jack set to shine in BBC Three's Glow Up
- 7 Homes plan will 'breathe new life' into town
- 8 Ventriloquist shares career highlights after retiring in Huntingdon
- 9 Memories of St Neots' town centre
- 10 For sale: Spacious two bedroom bungalow with generous plots in Hartford
The report also said that parents spoke highly of the setting and that the pre-school's relationship with parents and carers was good, with parents being kept updated regularly through newletters, informal meetings and questionnaires.
The only area for improvement was a recommendation that the pre-school "develops assessment opportunities to ensure that children's learning and achievements are fully recorded".
INFORMATION: Eaton Socon Pre-school opened in 1979 and operates from two joined mobile rooms.
It currently has 52 children. Call: 01480 406047