Nursery is outstanding’
A NURSERY school has become the first in the county to be named outstanding in every category of its Ofsted report. Hemingford Nursery School in Hemingford Abbots cares for approximately 100 children aged up to 11, including three with special educational
A NURSERY school has become the first in the county to be named outstanding in every category of its Ofsted report.
Hemingford Nursery School in Hemingford Abbots cares for approximately 100 children aged up to 11, including three with special educational needs.
The Ofsted report said that the quality of care and standards of the nursery education are outstanding.
Nursery manager Donnah Edwards said: "We were delighted with the outcome of the Ofsted report and it is a credit to the nursery.
You may also want to watch:
"The secret is to put the children at the centre of the nursery and build round them.
"We had no idea when the inspector would arrive, so it is a credit to all the staff to see the highest standards are maintained at all times."
- 1 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 2 Drug dealer who 'exploited vulnerable people' linked to 101 wraps of cocaine
- 3 Man in his 80s dies in fatal Buckden Road crash at Brampton
- 4 Off-duty detective snares £200k drug dealer
- 5 Fundraisers hit £400,000 milestone after month of charity challenges
- 6 Wanted woman accused of killing children in M1 crash could be in Huntingdon
- 7 Concerns over planned travel hub at railway station
- 8 Computing pioneer Sir Clive Sinclair who had links to St Ives dies aged 81
- 9 Spuds in a bucket competition at the gardening club
- 10 Police find string of ponies in middle of Cambridgeshire road
Among the nursery's unique features is a 'planning tree' where parents can write down their children's interests, allowing staff to tailor individual activities to suit each child.
Highlights of the report included:
* Rigorous daily checks to ensure that all areas of the nursery are scrupulously clean at all times.
* Food is prepared freshly each day, taking account of allergies and special diets.
* There is a very effective system in place to support children with learning difficulties or disability.
The facility is one of four nurseries run by HRH Nurseries Ltd and employs 15 members of staff. The nursery has also been praised by Cambridegshire County Council's early years and childcare service.
The report concludes by saying that no recommendations for improvement can be made because the nursery is already operating at an outstanding level.
INFORMATION: Contact Hemingford Nursery School on 01480 494247.