Now it’s Zac to the future
A ST Neots youngster has clinched a role in hit TV series Ashes to Ashes. Zac Mahrouche, 10, was transported back to the 1980s dressed in a patterned brown jumper for the BBC hit cop drama starring Philip Glenister. The Eynesbury CofE Primary School pupil
A ST Neots youngster has clinched a role in hit TV series Ashes to Ashes.
Zac Mahrouche, 10, was transported back to the 1980s dressed in a patterned brown jumper for the BBC hit cop drama starring Philip Glenister.
The Eynesbury CofE Primary School pupil spent four hours filming his part in south east London in November. His character had to cycle along a street, pass a corner shop and then stop to talk to a policeman.
Zac, signed to the London-based acting and modelling agency Rascals, said: "I didn't like wearing the old-fashioned clothes, especially the brown jumper.
You may also want to watch:
"I was a bit nervous on set but I made friends with another boy so that helped. I think my mum is more excited about me being on television than I am."
While on set, he met Glenister and co-star Keeley Hawes, but was not star-struck.
- 1 Not one, but possibly two viaducts for St Neots!
- 2 Drink-drive arrest after crash in Huntingdon
- 3 Nurses Day 2021: You thank our dedicated Hunts nurses for their care
- 4 Paedophile exposed in undercover police operation
- 5 Woman stole from terminally-ill mother
- 6 Life is sweet! Cheesecake emporium opens in Brampton
- 7 Huntingdon drug dealer jailed after police find messages on his phone
- 8 Pasco Hussain is named as the new mayor of St Ives
- 9 Metro is off the cards says new mayor Dr Nik Johnson
- 10 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
It is not Zac's television debut because he has appeared in adverts for supermarket giant Morrisons and PlayStation. He also made it to the final two to be the face of Butlins.
However, Zac, who lives in Brook Street, is still unsure if an acting career is the right move for him, but added: "I think my mum would like me to."
Viewers wanting to catch a glimpse of Zac should tune in to episode six of Ashes to Ashes on Thursday, March 13, on BBC1 at 9pm.