Now it’s Zac to the future
A ST Neots youngster has clinched a role in hit TV series Ashes to Ashes. Zac Mahrouche, 10, was transported back to the 1980s dressed in a patterned brown jumper for the BBC hit cop drama starring Philip Glenister. The Eynesbury CofE Primary School pupil
A ST Neots youngster has clinched a role in hit TV series Ashes to Ashes.
Zac Mahrouche, 10, was transported back to the 1980s dressed in a patterned brown jumper for the BBC hit cop drama starring Philip Glenister.
The Eynesbury CofE Primary School pupil spent four hours filming his part in south east London in November. His character had to cycle along a street, pass a corner shop and then stop to talk to a policeman.
Zac, signed to the London-based acting and modelling agency Rascals, said: "I didn't like wearing the old-fashioned clothes, especially the brown jumper.
You may also want to watch:
"I was a bit nervous on set but I made friends with another boy so that helped. I think my mum is more excited about me being on television than I am."
While on set, he met Glenister and co-star Keeley Hawes, but was not star-struck.
- 1 Huntingdon home to one of the most 'luxurious' breakfasts in the UK
- 2 Huntingdon 'predator' jailed for raping woman at his home
- 3 Giant elephant and free rides at Huntingdon Fun Day
- 4 Sewer network improvements in £600k investment for St Neots
- 5 Group charged in connection with Rutland Cycling burglary
- 6 Widow, 80, cleans blocked drain in Buckden after 'several floods'
- 7 Pigeons still roosting on old A14 bridge despite preventative mesh
- 8 Alconbury to benefit from £200,000 flood protection funding
- 9 Four dogs rescued after being abandoned on A14
- 10 Rural theft cost Cambridgeshire £2 million in 2020
It is not Zac's television debut because he has appeared in adverts for supermarket giant Morrisons and PlayStation. He also made it to the final two to be the face of Butlins.
However, Zac, who lives in Brook Street, is still unsure if an acting career is the right move for him, but added: "I think my mum would like me to."
Viewers wanting to catch a glimpse of Zac should tune in to episode six of Ashes to Ashes on Thursday, March 13, on BBC1 at 9pm.