Not enough clothes shops in Huntingdon
WHAT on earth has happened to the shops in Huntingdon town centre? I was quite enthusiastic at the prospect of new shops and waited excitedly for the Chequers Court building work to finish, to see what shops would arrive. The result could not be more disa
WHAT on earth has happened to the shops in Huntingdon town centre? I was quite enthusiastic at the prospect of new shops and waited excitedly for the Chequers Court building work to finish, to see what shops would arrive. The result could not be more disappointing.
Firstly, we learn there is going to be the relocation of Clinton Cards (how big do you need a card shop to be?) and then there appears a mobile phone shop in its old premises. All I could do was wait, in the hope that the last few plots in Chequers Court were filled wisely.
I suppose I should not have been surprised to see a coffee shop (just a glance away from Baker's Oven) and yet another optician.
I'm sure I'm not alone when I say there are not enough clothes shops in Huntingdon for the average fashion-following female. What does Huntingdon have to offer? A tiny branch of Next, a better-sized New Look, a Peacocks and an over-priced Gia. There is simply not enough for us girls.
You may also want to watch:
Even a larger Boots, I'm sure, would be welcomed after a recent visit proved I could not even get my usual (Boots' own brand) face-wash that can normally be found in the larger stores.
Based on this, I shall continue to take my custom to larger towns with a wider choice and variety of shops.
- 1 Huntingdon home to one of the most 'luxurious' breakfasts in the UK
- 2 Giant elephant and free rides at Huntingdon Fun Day
- 3 Sewer network improvements in £600k investment for St Neots
- 4 Huntingdon 'predator' jailed for raping woman at his home
- 5 Pigeons still roosting on old A14 bridge despite preventative mesh
- 6 Widow, 80, cleans blocked drain in Buckden after 'several floods'
- 7 Four dogs rescued after being abandoned on A14
- 8 Visiting to resume at Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 9 Group charged in connection with Rutland Cycling burglary
- 10 Rural theft cost Cambridgeshire £2 million in 2020