Not enough clothes shops in Huntingdon
WHAT on earth has happened to the shops in Huntingdon town centre? I was quite enthusiastic at the prospect of new shops and waited excitedly for the Chequers Court building work to finish, to see what shops would arrive. The result could not be more disa
WHAT on earth has happened to the shops in Huntingdon town centre? I was quite enthusiastic at the prospect of new shops and waited excitedly for the Chequers Court building work to finish, to see what shops would arrive. The result could not be more disappointing.
Firstly, we learn there is going to be the relocation of Clinton Cards (how big do you need a card shop to be?) and then there appears a mobile phone shop in its old premises. All I could do was wait, in the hope that the last few plots in Chequers Court were filled wisely.
I suppose I should not have been surprised to see a coffee shop (just a glance away from Baker's Oven) and yet another optician.
I'm sure I'm not alone when I say there are not enough clothes shops in Huntingdon for the average fashion-following female. What does Huntingdon have to offer? A tiny branch of Next, a better-sized New Look, a Peacocks and an over-priced Gia. There is simply not enough for us girls.
Even a larger Boots, I'm sure, would be welcomed after a recent visit proved I could not even get my usual (Boots' own brand) face-wash that can normally be found in the larger stores.
Based on this, I shall continue to take my custom to larger towns with a wider choice and variety of shops.
- 1 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 2 Judge makes contempt of court ruling against Camp Beagle protesters
- 3 Recap: Severe disruption on Great Northern and Thameslink trains to London
- 4 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 5 Food delivery robots taking to streets of Cambridgeshire
- 6 Man in his 40s suffers ‘life-changing injuries’ in major crash on A14
- 7 Jacob Crawshaw memorial football match raises more than £8,100
- 8 Huge Victorian house with pool and gym on sale for £1.75m
- 9 First episode of tractor TV show features farmer in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Long queues at Peterborough passport office ahead of holiday season