Not all right
I TOTALLY agree with the residents of Ramsey Mereside (Letters, March 22), and agree that speeding in and through villages is unacceptable. On the other hand, I was driving through Ramsey Mereside some weeks ago, completely aware of what the speed limits
I TOTALLY agree with the residents of Ramsey Mereside (Letters, March 22), and agree that speeding in and through villages is unacceptable.
On the other hand, I was driving through Ramsey Mereside some weeks ago, completely aware of what the speed limits are. I am aware what a busy road Oilmills Road is and how dangerous speed is. I also travel that way on my way to work and have been overtaken many times.
When I was driving through Oilmills Road at 3pm, a car pulled out in front of me, causing me to swerve around it.
When I went into Rainbow Supermarket I was confronted by a man who was totally out of order. He accused me of holding a telephone, speaking on it and that I nearly ran into him because I was speeding. I admitted fully I was talking, but I have a hands-free car kit and was talking legally without holding the telephone. I could have been singing to myself for all he knew.
I asked if he would like to come out and look at the kit in my car, to which he replied, 'if I was not on the phone, maybe I was picking my nose'. I then told him not to speak to me like that and not to accuse me of doing something I was not doing. His reply was that 'people like you (women, I suppose he meant) should be at home cooking your husband's dinner.' I am a widow and work to support myself, like many women.
Although the local people in Ramsey Mereside may be hiding behind fences gathering evidence, there are also ignorant, offensive people who should be ashamed of their actions who are not acting in the interest of safety but are targetting innocent people in front of a shop full of people. Had I taken this man's details I would not have hesitated to report him to the police for abusive behaviour.
- 1 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 2 Woman dies in crash on London Road in St Ives
- 3 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 4 Air Ambulance is called to serious crash on London Road in St Ives
- 5 Young man dies on B645 near St Neots following a head-on crash
- 6 House set alight in Brampton
- 7 Sawtry homes plan is approved
- 8 Tributes for Godmanchester mum Lisa Leader who passed away on Friday
- 9 Businesswoman who launched popular St Ives shop has died
- 10 Pedestrian killed crossing road
JM WILSON, Bluntisham