Northbridge flooding - we're ahead of the game
FURTHER to the letter ( Water course , February 24) I wish to reassure the residents of Stukeley Meadows that the drainage matters for our Northbridge proposals have been discussed and agreed with the local internal drainage board (IDB) and Environment Ag
FURTHER to the letter ("Water course", February 24) I wish to reassure the residents of Stukeley Meadows that the drainage matters for our Northbridge proposals have been discussed and agreed with the local internal drainage board (IDB) and Environment Agency.
To this end we have included significant onsite balancing ponds and control features that will contain run-off in periods of poor weather.
Funds are also to be set aside for their future maintenance by the IDB and the local authority to continue to ensure they work effectively once the development has been completed. Detailed designs will be agreed prior to implementation.
You may also want to watch:
Persimmon Homes [Northbridge developer]
- 1 Homes plan will 'breathe new life' into town
- 2 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 3 Read our focus on Ramsey town centre
- 4 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 5 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 6 Shops, homes and office space plan for town centre building
- 7 Charity 130-mile trek raises over £4,000 after rare diagnosis for Hunts man
- 8 Grants handed out to help people with cancer in Hunts total £17,000
- 9 WATCH: One minute silence to honour the Duke
- 10 'Am I being overcharged for gas and electricity'?