Northbridge flooding - we're ahead of the game
FURTHER to the letter ( Water course , February 24) I wish to reassure the residents of Stukeley Meadows that the drainage matters for our Northbridge proposals have been discussed and agreed with the local internal drainage board (IDB) and Environment Ag
FURTHER to the letter ("Water course", February 24) I wish to reassure the residents of Stukeley Meadows that the drainage matters for our Northbridge proposals have been discussed and agreed with the local internal drainage board (IDB) and Environment Agency.
To this end we have included significant onsite balancing ponds and control features that will contain run-off in periods of poor weather.
Funds are also to be set aside for their future maintenance by the IDB and the local authority to continue to ensure they work effectively once the development has been completed. Detailed designs will be agreed prior to implementation.
You may also want to watch:
Persimmon Homes [Northbridge developer]
- 1 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 2 Two men to appear in court to face aggravated burglary charges.
- 3 Plastic burgers and teething troubles - the Modern Mum
- 4 Super slimmer who lost one third of her body weight crowned woman of year
- 5 Driver of fully laden HGV who failed breath test 'couldn't stand up unaided'
- 6 Hunts police called to 'numerous breaches' of covid regulations
- 7 Complaints as elderly people wait in freezing conditions for vaccine
- 8 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 9 Two weeks left to respond to proposed flight path over Huntingdonshire
- 10 Villagers call for action after 'worst floods in years'