Northbridge flooding - we're ahead of the game
FURTHER to the letter ( Water course , February 24) I wish to reassure the residents of Stukeley Meadows that the drainage matters for our Northbridge proposals have been discussed and agreed with the local internal drainage board (IDB) and Environment Ag
FURTHER to the letter ("Water course", February 24) I wish to reassure the residents of Stukeley Meadows that the drainage matters for our Northbridge proposals have been discussed and agreed with the local internal drainage board (IDB) and Environment Agency.
To this end we have included significant onsite balancing ponds and control features that will contain run-off in periods of poor weather.
Funds are also to be set aside for their future maintenance by the IDB and the local authority to continue to ensure they work effectively once the development has been completed. Detailed designs will be agreed prior to implementation.
You may also want to watch:
Persimmon Homes [Northbridge developer]
- 1 St Ives beloved market returns to town centre
- 2 Fundraising day at St Neots pub
- 3 What are the outstanding primary schools in Huntingdonshire?
- 4 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 5 Protestors demand so-called beagle puppy ‘death camp’ is shut down
- 6 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 7 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 8 The changing face of forests and woods in Huntingdonshire
- 9 Huntingdon care home company scoops award in region's top 20
- 10 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online