Nominate your Hunts snow heroes
FROM farmers towing stranded cars up hills, to gritting teams working around the clock, communities have been pulling together to make sure everyone stays safe in the snow. The Hunts Post is offering members of the public the chance to thank anyone who h
FROM farmers towing stranded cars up hills, to gritting teams working around the clock, communities have been pulling together to make sure everyone stays safe in the snow.
The Hunts Post is offering members of the public the chance to thank anyone who has helped them during the snowfall.
These unsung snow heroes could include your next door neighbour who helped you clear your drive of snow, the village shop that remained open or the council's gritting team which worked tirelessly to clear the roads.
It could even have been the 4x4 driver who towed you out of a ditch or the school that stayed open.
You may also want to watch:
Praise is already arriving from Hunts Post readers for the farmers across the county who have been helping motorists in any way they can.
Pippa Woodford from Somersham said: "Please may you put out a huge thank you to the four farmers who helped on Somersham Road on Thursday morning.
- 1 What are the outstanding primary schools in Huntingdonshire?
- 2 'We want to help our market towns' - Funding plans extended due to pandemic
- 3 Patients avoided going to the doctor out of fear of 'catching Covid'
- 4 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 5 Huntingdon care home company scoops award in region's top 20
- 6 New community space opens at Alconbury Weald
- 7 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 8 Hoax caller flouted strict court order after just three days
- 9 Huntingdon mayor Karl Webb voted to stay in role for another year
- 10 Rise in Covid-positive pregnant women requiring critical care
"Cars were trying to get to Somersham but there was a lorry broken down at the top of one of the hills and due to the cars trying to get to St Ives there was no way past.
"It was a mess until the very kind farmers came to the rescue so please send a public thank you to them all from all of us silly enough to venture out in the snow."
Farmers have also been praised for coming to the rescue of stranded drivers in Catworth and Tibrook.
INFORMATION: Send your snow hero suggestions to email@example.com or phone 01480 411481 and ask to speak to the newsroom.