No picnic for teds
ONE of the first tandem teddy bear jumps will take place at this year s World Teddybear Freefall Parachute Championships being held on Saturday in Pidley. Now in its sixth year, the event, which is licensed by the Civil Aviation Authority and held at Sout
ONE of the first tandem teddy bear jumps will take place at this year's World Teddybear Freefall Parachute Championships being held on Saturday in Pidley.
Now in its sixth year, the event, which is licensed by the Civil Aviation Authority and held at Southview Farm, aims to raise funds for the Pidley Mountain Rescue Team.
This time the jumps will be slightly different. Magpas has organised for Magpaws, a tiny teddy, to be strapped to another teddy for a tandem bear jump. The sponsored jumps will raise money for the life-saving emergency medical charity.
The event starts at 11am when 10 teddies will be individually dropped from a light aircraft at 500ft. Each of the bears, which are named after people the Pidley Mountain Rescue Team who has helped during the year, will be sponsored for a minimum donation of £200.
You may also want to watch:
The teddy to land closest to a cross on the ground wins a weekend break for two at the Marriot Hotel in Huntingdon for its sponsor.
Last year the event raised £2,732 and has this year attracted sponsorship from as far away as the Russian Federation.
- 1 Brampton Post Office customers say fond farewell to postmaster
- 2 Man who died in road crash is named
- 3 St Neots man banned from pubs for two years
- 4 Organic Hunts beauty company Bossy Glossy gets celebrity support
- 5 Shops, homes and office space plan for town centre building
- 6 Kimbolton business announces new CEO
- 7 Fish and Chip shop wins award
- 8 Free Covid testing kits now available at some pharmacies
- 9 Primary school earns Fairtrade status
- 10 Reporter shares mid-treatment stages of teeth transformation
The Somersham Brownies will be on hand as stretcher bearers on the day to offer first aid to any teddies injured in action.
INFORMATION: Southview Farm is the first farm on the left as you leave Pidley going towards Somersham on the B1089.