No overspill parking at Riverside - promise
I WOULD like to respond to Robert Cossey-Mowle s letter (March 26). As certain reporters in Huntingdon remind me, I am on record - it was also a pledge in my campaign - as stating that car parking on the grass area would be over my political dead body. Wh
I WOULD like to respond to Robert Cossey-Mowle's letter (March 26).
As certain reporters in Huntingdon remind me, I am on record - it was also a pledge in my campaign - as stating that car parking on the grass area would be over my political dead body.
While this is a very rash statement for a politician to make, I continue to support the group completely as one of the ward members. I have stated in open cabinet that I want any reference to overspill car parking removed from the plan.
The old HDC depot site will very soon be a public car park with a light-controlled crossing and because of this there is no need to use the new area for car parking. This area will be used only for the fair and other civic-type uses. Yes, we are looking at types of football pitches and everyone will have a chance to state their case during the consultation.
You may also want to watch:
Councillor MIKE SIMPSON
Huntingdon East Ward
- 1 Landmark A14 viaduct demolition is captured on camera
- 2 St Neots Covid vaccination centre is on the move
- 3 Colourful benches have been placed in St Neots
- 4 Body discovered in Hartford believed to be missing Nathan
- 5 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 6 Car crashes into safety barriers as driver flees scene
- 7 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 8 Buckle hits half-century but Hunts boys fall to Northants defeat
- 9 Burglars used paving slabs and sledge hammers to smash into homes
- 10 Paedophile offered 'naked massages' to undercover police officer
Huntingdonshire District Council