No overspill parking at Riverside - promise
I WOULD like to respond to Robert Cossey-Mowle s letter (March 26). As certain reporters in Huntingdon remind me, I am on record - it was also a pledge in my campaign - as stating that car parking on the grass area would be over my political dead body. Wh
I WOULD like to respond to Robert Cossey-Mowle's letter (March 26).
As certain reporters in Huntingdon remind me, I am on record - it was also a pledge in my campaign - as stating that car parking on the grass area would be over my political dead body.
While this is a very rash statement for a politician to make, I continue to support the group completely as one of the ward members. I have stated in open cabinet that I want any reference to overspill car parking removed from the plan.
The old HDC depot site will very soon be a public car park with a light-controlled crossing and because of this there is no need to use the new area for car parking. This area will be used only for the fair and other civic-type uses. Yes, we are looking at types of football pitches and everyone will have a chance to state their case during the consultation.
Councillor MIKE SIMPSON
Huntingdon East Ward
- 1 Eight Huntingdon children handed anti-social behaviour interventions
- 2 Suspected case of bird flu in swan reported to DEFRA
- 3 A1 set for night-time and weekend closures until August
- 4 Meet the Sassy Lassies cycling group encouraging women in Huntingdonshire to ride
- 5 New homes plan for Huntingdonshire village
- 6 Police check home of 101-year-old animal rights patron for stolen beagles
- 7 Life sentence confirmed for Rikki Neave murderer
- 8 7 of the most beautiful churches in Cambridgeshire
- 9 Part of The Busway set for weekend closure with diversions near St Ives
- 10 Beagle puppies freed at MBR Acres after second day of action
Huntingdonshire District Council