No-one will back scheme
I THINK it s outrageous that this site is even being considered ( Energy giant eyes former airfield for wind farm, November 14). My house will lie some 350 feet away from one of the proposed turbines, coincidentally placed along the arching boundary so a
I THINK it's outrageous that this site is even being considered ("Energy giant eyes former airfield for wind farm," November 14).
My house will lie some 350 feet away from one of the proposed turbines, coincidentally placed along the arching boundary so as to come under HDC and not South Cambs planning jurisdiction, and every summer thousands of geese and other migrating birds fly directly over my house and in the direction of the proposed site and I doubt they will be able to read the keep out signs.
I think you will find not one single person in Graveley will be in favour of this scheme, and I doubt whether the residents of Offord or Great Paxton will put up with this either.
The proposal is to use the largest turbines in the UK, and the reason they are so large is that there is insufficient wind to drive anything any smaller.
You may also want to watch:
I attended the first village meeting and there was about 99 per cent objection to the Cotton Farm proposal, I am sure there will be several more meetings in the other directly affected villages of the Offords, Great Paxton, Toseland and Yelling.
KEITH HOLL, Toseland Road, Graveley
- 1 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 2 Life is sweet! Cheesecake emporium opens in Brampton
- 3 Celebration of food and drink at town's first street food festival
- 4 Prison for dealer who rammed police car
- 5 Woman stole from terminally-ill mother
- 6 Drink-drive arrest after crash in Huntingdon
- 7 Suspected drink lorry driver threw whiskey and wine bottle from cab
- 8 Not one, but possibly two viaducts for St Neots!
- 9 Nurses Day 2021: You thank our dedicated Hunts nurses for their care
- 10 Dr Nik in Ely for his first day as Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Mayor