No one-hit wonder
A NEW online radio station reaching audiences as far as Canada and America has been set up in Godmanchester. Paul Turner established UK City Radio on April 10 from his home in Ferndown Drive and in just two weeks his website has had 6,000 hits and more t
A NEW online radio station reaching audiences as far as Canada and America has been set up in Godmanchester.
Paul Turner established UK City Radio on April 10 from his home in Ferndown Drive and in just two weeks his website has had 6,000 hits and more than 100 people have signed the online guest book.
He puts the immediate success down to the variety of music the station plays.
Mr Turner said: "We play all kinds of music from the 1950s through to today. One minute we could be playing Abba and the next we could be playing Bryan Adams. We offer listeners something different as we do not play the same songs over and over again."
Also featured on the show, which boasts 30 DJs worldwide, are world news, features, DVD and CD giveaways and interviews. Once a month, the show is intending to include tips on how to be happy and avoid stress from John Rushton.
Paul started his radio career on hospital radio at Hinchingbrooke Hospital in 1980 and can now be heard on UK City Radio from 10pm to midnight on Tuesdays and Sundays and from 10pm to 1am on Saturdays.
- 1 Karl Brockett writes about the history of St Ives
- 2 'He is our hero' - D-day veteran Wilf, 102, gets surprise visit
- 3 Mother pays tribute to “much-loved” son who died near Fen Drayton
- 4 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 5 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 6 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 7 Cambridgeshire's Enhanced Area Status extended amid Covid surge in schools
- 8 Huntingdon town mayor supports launch of The Eclettica
- 9 Robber attempts to steal scratch card and alcohol from convenience store
- 10 Huge spike in safety complaints due to 'bedroom sellers' during pandemic
The show recently supported a karaoke competition held at the Market Inn in Huntingdon.
Mr Turner added: "As well as reaching audiences worldwide, we have a good fan base here in Huntingdonshire and that's why we are going to try and support events taking place in this area."
INFORMATION: To listen to Paul and the other DJs on UK City Radio visit www.ukcityradio.co.uk