No one cares about parking problem
THE parking problems experienced by the residents of Ambury Road (Letters, February 27) are never going to improve because the council really does not care about the parking problems in Huntingdon. They have no interest unless it can raise them some money
THE parking problems experienced by the residents of Ambury Road (Letters, February 27) are never going to improve because the council really does not care about the parking problems in Huntingdon. They have no interest unless it can raise them some money.
The long stay car parks are going to become short stay. They are going to start charging at Riverside car park. Their excuse is that the spaces are all taken up by commuters to London and employees of Luminus Group. Load of codswallop and just another way for them to rip us off.
There are lots of Huntingdon employees that park there too. And God help us all when the fair comes to town. They obviously think they are going to force everyone to pay the short stay rip-off prices then.
If the council were concerned about enticing people to work or shop in Huntingdon, they would build a multi-storey car park. If people are not spending money in Huntingdon, businesses suffer and then close.
You may also want to watch:
But we can say all this until we are blue in the face. The councillors do not care. Why should they? They have their own car park, paid for by us.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Seven of the prettiest villages in Huntingdonshire
- 3 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 4 'People are angry' - hundreds protest outside Camp Beagle
- 5 Protestors demand so-called beagle puppy ‘death camp’ is shut down
- 6 Quiz-loving duo win BBC game show hosted by Bradley Walsh and Holly Willoughby
- 7 300 take part in autonomous shuttle passenger trial
- 8 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 9 Strictly's Anton and Giovanni dazzle in sensational return to live theatre
- 10 Village Focus: Silver coins among ancient finds in Hartford