No one cares about parking problem
THE parking problems experienced by the residents of Ambury Road (Letters, February 27) are never going to improve because the council really does not care about the parking problems in Huntingdon. They have no interest unless it can raise them some money
THE parking problems experienced by the residents of Ambury Road (Letters, February 27) are never going to improve because the council really does not care about the parking problems in Huntingdon. They have no interest unless it can raise them some money.
The long stay car parks are going to become short stay. They are going to start charging at Riverside car park. Their excuse is that the spaces are all taken up by commuters to London and employees of Luminus Group. Load of codswallop and just another way for them to rip us off.
There are lots of Huntingdon employees that park there too. And God help us all when the fair comes to town. They obviously think they are going to force everyone to pay the short stay rip-off prices then.
If the council were concerned about enticing people to work or shop in Huntingdon, they would build a multi-storey car park. If people are not spending money in Huntingdon, businesses suffer and then close.
But we can say all this until we are blue in the face. The councillors do not care. Why should they? They have their own car park, paid for by us.
- 1 The Real Pie Company has opened in Huntingdon
- 2 Drugs uncovered in Huntingdon home
- 3 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 4 Drug Dealer from Huntingdon has been sentenced
- 5 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 6 London Luton Airport and NATS will go ahead with Huntingdonshire flight path
- 7 Crafty Monkey is encouraging people to shop local this winter
- 8 Updated details of the Christmas lights switch-on in St Neots
- 9 Steve's Taxis has donated more than £20,000 to Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 10 Man dies following crash on A1198 near St Ives last month