No need to use leads
I READ with interest and concern all the letters about dog control orders. As a responsible dog-owner, I mostly agree with what has been said – of course one clears up after one s dog. May I ask who within Huntingdonshire District Council actually suggest
I READ with interest and concern all the letters about dog control orders. As a responsible dog-owner, I mostly agree with what has been said - of course one clears up after one's dog.
May I ask who within Huntingdonshire District Council actually suggested the idea of dogs on leads in park areas?
Have they had a bad experience or are they following an ill-informed prejudice? I would be willing to meet these persons with my golden retriever and try to allay their concerns and fears. A dog should be a joy to all and a nuisance to no one.
We desperately need approved pet training classes in Huntingdon.
You may also want to watch:
The walk for a dog is part of its daily stimulus and is regarded as a hunt. It is the owner's responsibility to be alert to other users of the vicinity. Many joggers and cyclists have thanked me for catching my dog's collar. She walks close to me in busy areas as they pass by. Or putting her on a lead when children or frail elderly people approach. It's all about common sense and care.
As I am without a car most of the week, it is essential for me to be able to walk my dog off-lead along the riverside at Hartford. Not to be able to do so will reduce my dog's and my quality of exercise and, therefore, life.
- 1 Huntingdon drug dealer jailed after police find messages on his phone
- 2 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 3 Not one, but possibly two viaducts for St Neots!
- 4 Metro is off the cards says new mayor Dr Nik Johnson
- 5 Defeated mayor on 'incredible' and 'some truly awful' people he met
- 6 Police warning after spate of thefts from cars in Warboys
- 7 Solar farm plan will have no impact on 'light, noise or smell'
- 8 Tickets on sale now for this summer's Shakespeare at the George
- 9 Slepe Hall Hotel in St Ives has new owners
- 10 Mother pleads for housing 'electrical checks' after losing children in fire
S A COLLINS, Eagle Way, Hartford