No need to use leads
I READ with interest and concern all the letters about dog control orders. As a responsible dog-owner, I mostly agree with what has been said – of course one clears up after one s dog. May I ask who within Huntingdonshire District Council actually suggest
I READ with interest and concern all the letters about dog control orders. As a responsible dog-owner, I mostly agree with what has been said - of course one clears up after one's dog.
May I ask who within Huntingdonshire District Council actually suggested the idea of dogs on leads in park areas?
Have they had a bad experience or are they following an ill-informed prejudice? I would be willing to meet these persons with my golden retriever and try to allay their concerns and fears. A dog should be a joy to all and a nuisance to no one.
We desperately need approved pet training classes in Huntingdon.
The walk for a dog is part of its daily stimulus and is regarded as a hunt. It is the owner's responsibility to be alert to other users of the vicinity. Many joggers and cyclists have thanked me for catching my dog's collar. She walks close to me in busy areas as they pass by. Or putting her on a lead when children or frail elderly people approach. It's all about common sense and care.
As I am without a car most of the week, it is essential for me to be able to walk my dog off-lead along the riverside at Hartford. Not to be able to do so will reduce my dog's and my quality of exercise and, therefore, life.
- 1 Opposition group to fight plans for new homes in their village
- 2 Outdoor inflatable water park returns to Huntingdonshire
- 3 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 4 Jail for man who boasted he was the St Ives 'weed man'
- 5 Woman has 'medical episode' during A1(M) crash
- 6 Man fined £300 after being linked to fly-tipping
- 7 13-year-old helped to rescue distressed paddleboarders
- 8 Police searching for missing man discover body
- 9 Civil war event in Huntingdon this weekend
- 10 Thousands come together at RAF Wyton for Armed Forces Day
S A COLLINS, Eagle Way, Hartford