No more votes under this barmy system
I HOPE that when the dust settles after the coalition talks between whoever may be involved, that we re not simply promised another commission on electoral reform . I don t want another vote under the current barmy system. The Lib Dems get one per cent
I HOPE that when the dust settles after the coalition talks between whoever may be involved, that we're not simply promised another 'commission on electoral reform'.
I don't want another vote under the current barmy system. The Lib Dems get one per cent more of the vote but five less seats! Where's that come from?
In the current complex world we live in, with a wide variety of views, including UKIP, Greens and the BNP (God help us!), it's only right that your vote counts.
The rest of Europe (sorry UKIP) manages with a proportional representation system without the world ending, and it hasn't done Germany a whole lot of harm as far as I can see.
But I can see that a commission will be promised, another election will be called in six months before anything can go wrong, and then electoral reform will be quietly forgotten.
No wonder 'kids' don't vote! It was ever thus.
- 1 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 2 Woman dies in crash on London Road in St Ives
- 3 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 4 Air Ambulance is called to serious crash on London Road in St Ives
- 5 Sawtry homes plan is approved
- 6 House set alight in Brampton
- 7 Young man dies on B645 near St Neots following a head-on crash
- 8 Tributes for Godmanchester mum Lisa Leader who passed away on Friday
- 9 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 10 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
By the way, I voted Raving Loony as at least he digs his own moat!