No more votes under this barmy system
I HOPE that when the dust settles after the coalition talks between whoever may be involved, that we re not simply promised another commission on electoral reform . I don t want another vote under the current barmy system. The Lib Dems get one per cent
I HOPE that when the dust settles after the coalition talks between whoever may be involved, that we're not simply promised another 'commission on electoral reform'.
I don't want another vote under the current barmy system. The Lib Dems get one per cent more of the vote but five less seats! Where's that come from?
In the current complex world we live in, with a wide variety of views, including UKIP, Greens and the BNP (God help us!), it's only right that your vote counts.
The rest of Europe (sorry UKIP) manages with a proportional representation system without the world ending, and it hasn't done Germany a whole lot of harm as far as I can see.
You may also want to watch:
But I can see that a commission will be promised, another election will be called in six months before anything can go wrong, and then electoral reform will be quietly forgotten.
No wonder 'kids' don't vote! It was ever thus.
- 1 Super slimmer who lost one third of her body weight crowned woman of year
- 2 Complaints as elderly people wait in freezing conditions for vaccine
- 3 Hunts police called to 'numerous breaches' of covid regulations
- 4 Two weeks left to respond to proposed flight path over Huntingdonshire
- 5 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 6 Hinchingbrooke paediatrician’s relief after getting Covid-19 vaccine
- 7 Two men to appear in court to face aggravated burglary charges.
- 8 Villagers call for action after 'worst floods in years'
- 9 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village
- 10 HSBC is to close its branch in Huntingdon, it has been announced
By the way, I voted Raving Loony as at least he digs his own moat!