No more votes under this barmy system
I HOPE that when the dust settles after the coalition talks between whoever may be involved, that we re not simply promised another commission on electoral reform . I don t want another vote under the current barmy system. The Lib Dems get one per cent
I HOPE that when the dust settles after the coalition talks between whoever may be involved, that we're not simply promised another 'commission on electoral reform'.
I don't want another vote under the current barmy system. The Lib Dems get one per cent more of the vote but five less seats! Where's that come from?
In the current complex world we live in, with a wide variety of views, including UKIP, Greens and the BNP (God help us!), it's only right that your vote counts.
The rest of Europe (sorry UKIP) manages with a proportional representation system without the world ending, and it hasn't done Germany a whole lot of harm as far as I can see.
You may also want to watch:
But I can see that a commission will be promised, another election will be called in six months before anything can go wrong, and then electoral reform will be quietly forgotten.
No wonder 'kids' don't vote! It was ever thus.
- 1 East West Rail Route - further consultation going ahead
- 2 Is this the ghost of a nun who haunts an old Huntingdon bridge?
- 3 Man escapes ‘shocking case’ of modern slavery at hand car wash
- 4 Transporter carrying cars bursts into flames in village near St Neots
- 5 Man who died in road crash is named
- 6 Brampton Post Office customers say fond farewell to postmaster
- 7 Godmanchester man used Grindr in attempt to meet ‘teenage boy’
- 8 Kimbolton business announces new CEO
- 9 Fish and Chip shop wins award
- 10 St Neots man banned from pubs for two years
By the way, I voted Raving Loony as at least he digs his own moat!