No more votes under this barmy system
I HOPE that when the dust settles after the coalition talks between whoever may be involved, that we re not simply promised another commission on electoral reform . I don t want another vote under the current barmy system. The Lib Dems get one per cent
I HOPE that when the dust settles after the coalition talks between whoever may be involved, that we're not simply promised another 'commission on electoral reform'.
I don't want another vote under the current barmy system. The Lib Dems get one per cent more of the vote but five less seats! Where's that come from?
In the current complex world we live in, with a wide variety of views, including UKIP, Greens and the BNP (God help us!), it's only right that your vote counts.
The rest of Europe (sorry UKIP) manages with a proportional representation system without the world ending, and it hasn't done Germany a whole lot of harm as far as I can see.
You may also want to watch:
But I can see that a commission will be promised, another election will be called in six months before anything can go wrong, and then electoral reform will be quietly forgotten.
No wonder 'kids' don't vote! It was ever thus.
- 1 Huntingdon 'predator' jailed for raping woman at his home
- 2 Alconbury to benefit from £200,000 flood protection funding
- 3 Giant elephant and free rides at Huntingdon Fun Day
- 4 Group charged in connection with Rutland Cycling burglary
- 5 Seven arrested after £70k-worth of bicycles stolen
- 6 New project will enhance river at Godmanchester
- 7 Sewer network improvements in £600k investment for St Neots
- 8 Village job club providing vital service
- 9 St Ives beloved market returns to town centre
- 10 Ramsey Rural Museum's new shop display opens
By the way, I voted Raving Loony as at least he digs his own moat!