No ‘charge’ for special Hinchingbrooke treatment
IN 2009, my son was born at Hinchingbrooke Hospital. While I was pregnant, it had been discovered that he had a heart condition and, sadly, on arrival it was discovered that he had a very rare genetic condition called CHARGE syndrome.
He was cared for in the special care baby unit, but at 24 hours old transferred to Great Ormond Street Hospital where he underwent two heart operations, the latter one being life-saving at just 12 weeks old.
He spent four-and-a-half months in GOSH before coming back for a further two weeks to Holly Ward at Hinchingbrooke and finally going home. Our son has spent a lot of time in Hinchingbrooke Hospital and we now know most of the nurses and doctors very well. We are extremely lucky to have a wonderful paediatrician and a great team who know all of his needs and cares well.
Last week we were blessed with a beautiful daughter to add to our family. Thankfully, she was born in perfect health and, unlike her brother, has no condition. If it were not for the wonderful team of paediatricians, nurses, midwives, obstetricians, healthcare assistants, receptionists and all the other staff who work in and around the hospital, we would not have been lucky enough to have the most amazing, wonderful birth second time round.
As a family, we have been cared for in a way that makes us very grateful for having such a wonderful hospital close at hand and makes us very proud of the NHS.
You may also want to watch:
We want to say thank you to the staff for all of their help and support to us as a family over the last two-and-a-half years.
- 1 Road closure in Huntingdon over weekend of July 31
- 2 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 3 St Ives woman who sold ecstasy to school children avoids jail
- 4 First post-lockdown Parkrun in St Neots held in memory of four runners
- 5 Life sentence for Huntingdon paedophile who abused seven girls
- 6 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 7 Motorist crashes into telephone pole at Wyton
- 8 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 9 Equipment worth £6,000 stolen from farm during overnight break-in
- 10 Royal Oak in Hail Weston named as the best pub in Cambridgeshire