No buses at the important times
HAVING read your researchers experiences with the buses, I thought I would let you know my son s plight. He works at Papworth Hospital. To get there by bus (we live in Hinchingbrooke) he has to walk to Huntingdon bus station, travel to St Ives, then get
HAVING read your researchers' experiences with the buses, I thought I would let you know my son's plight. He works at Papworth Hospital.
To get there by bus (we live in Hinchingbrooke) he has to walk to Huntingdon bus station, travel to St Ives, then get a bus to Papworth. Not a problem you would think. But this is when there are buses available.
His early shift starts at 6.30am (I believe he can get a bus to St Ives that time of day but not to Papworth). His late shift finishes at 7.30 pm, when there is no transport from Papworth to St Ives although he could get home from St Ives. OK, so get a taxi. A taxi from Papworth to St Ives was quoted at £8: when you earn a little over £6, this is a stretch.
Funnily enough, he is able to get a bus straight to Papworth for his middle shift on a Saturday, but has no access to buses on a Sunday.
You may also want to watch:
DEBBIE DREW, The Shrubbery, Hinchingbrooke
- 1 Delays in Hartford due to crash between cyclist and motorist
- 2 Parking spaces so narrow that driver had to climb out the boot!
- 3 ‘The most glamorous christening the vicar had ever seen!’
- 4 Have you seen Stevie the horse?
- 5 ‘Enough is enough’ says MP at the scene of drink drive crash
- 6 Concerns over planned travel hub at railway station
- 7 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 8 Petition launched to save school transport for special needs schools
- 9 Council launches food waste initiative
- 10 Man in his 80s dies in fatal Buckden Road crash at Brampton