No buses at the important times
HAVING read your researchers experiences with the buses, I thought I would let you know my son s plight. He works at Papworth Hospital. To get there by bus (we live in Hinchingbrooke) he has to walk to Huntingdon bus station, travel to St Ives, then get
HAVING read your researchers' experiences with the buses, I thought I would let you know my son's plight. He works at Papworth Hospital.
To get there by bus (we live in Hinchingbrooke) he has to walk to Huntingdon bus station, travel to St Ives, then get a bus to Papworth. Not a problem you would think. But this is when there are buses available.
His early shift starts at 6.30am (I believe he can get a bus to St Ives that time of day but not to Papworth). His late shift finishes at 7.30 pm, when there is no transport from Papworth to St Ives although he could get home from St Ives. OK, so get a taxi. A taxi from Papworth to St Ives was quoted at £8: when you earn a little over £6, this is a stretch.
Funnily enough, he is able to get a bus straight to Papworth for his middle shift on a Saturday, but has no access to buses on a Sunday.
You may also want to watch:
DEBBIE DREW, The Shrubbery, Hinchingbrooke
- 1 New garden village on outskirts of St Neots will bring 10,000 homes
- 2 Police move in to close house after reports of anti-social behaviour
- 3 Notice served to remove travellers from school site
- 4 Man named following fatal collision near Bluntisham
- 5 Jail for man who stole more than £25,000 from company
- 6 Mum's donation to thank 'incredible' midwives and maternity staff
- 7 Check out our photo gallery of cute family pets
- 8 Vaccine centres offering earlier second dose AstraZeneca
- 9 Almost 100 'sexual and violent crimes' recorded in two of our towns in one month
- 10 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl