No Ann Summers sex shop planned
RUMOURS that a branch of the marital aids store Ann Summers was to open in Huntingdon s St Benedict s Court are unfounded. Letting agent Mark Harvey of Churston Heard, which handles lettings on behalf of the court s owner, Zürich Insurance, denied the f
RUMOURS that a branch of the "marital aids" store Ann Summers was to open in Huntingdon's St Benedict's Court are unfounded.
Letting agent Mark Harvey of Churston Heard, which handles lettings on behalf of the court's owner, Zürich Insurance, denied the former Halfords unit had been let.
He said there had been enquiries, mainly from independent retailers, but no proposals to take over the unit opposite Waitrose.
A proposal had, however, been made for the vacated Superdrug unit, but some work was needed at the premises so no agreement was likely before Christmas, Mr Harvey said.
You may also want to watch:
The town is, however, set to get another mobile phone outlet, with the opening of a branch of The Carphone Warehouse in the High Street next Tuesday.
- 1 Read about the interesting history of the village of Broughton
- 2 Matt Hancock at Hinchingbrooke Hospital today
- 3 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl
- 4 Man dies following collision near Bluntisham
- 5 Broughton - litter-picking, bell cleaning and great community spirit
- 6 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
- 7 Check out some of Huntingdonshire's fascinating history
- 8 Vaccine centre closure date announced amid 60,000 doses target
- 9 Landmark A14 viaduct demolition is captured on camera
- 10 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire