No Ann Summers sex shop planned
RUMOURS that a branch of the marital aids store Ann Summers was to open in Huntingdon s St Benedict s Court are unfounded. Letting agent Mark Harvey of Churston Heard, which handles lettings on behalf of the court s owner, Zürich Insurance, denied the f
RUMOURS that a branch of the "marital aids" store Ann Summers was to open in Huntingdon's St Benedict's Court are unfounded.
Letting agent Mark Harvey of Churston Heard, which handles lettings on behalf of the court's owner, Zürich Insurance, denied the former Halfords unit had been let.
He said there had been enquiries, mainly from independent retailers, but no proposals to take over the unit opposite Waitrose.
A proposal had, however, been made for the vacated Superdrug unit, but some work was needed at the premises so no agreement was likely before Christmas, Mr Harvey said.
You may also want to watch:
The town is, however, set to get another mobile phone outlet, with the opening of a branch of The Carphone Warehouse in the High Street next Tuesday.
- 1 Man in his 80s dies in fatal Buckden Road crash at Brampton
- 2 Off-duty detective snares £200k drug dealer
- 3 Police find string of ponies in middle of Cambridgeshire road
- 4 Concerns over planned travel hub at railway station
- 5 Wanted woman accused of killing children in M1 crash could be in Huntingdon
- 6 Freed from custody, animal rights campaigner back at Camp Beagle
- 7 Tractor driver error may have caused freight derailment in the Fens
- 8 Co-op grocery delivery robots are coming to Cambridgeshire
- 9 446 catalytic converter thefts in just 8 months reported in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Godmanchester author reveals amazing accounts of Second World War in new book