No Ann Summers sex shop planned
RUMOURS that a branch of the marital aids store Ann Summers was to open in Huntingdon s St Benedict s Court are unfounded. Letting agent Mark Harvey of Churston Heard, which handles lettings on behalf of the court s owner, Zürich Insurance, denied the f
RUMOURS that a branch of the "marital aids" store Ann Summers was to open in Huntingdon's St Benedict's Court are unfounded.
Letting agent Mark Harvey of Churston Heard, which handles lettings on behalf of the court's owner, Zürich Insurance, denied the former Halfords unit had been let.
He said there had been enquiries, mainly from independent retailers, but no proposals to take over the unit opposite Waitrose.
A proposal had, however, been made for the vacated Superdrug unit, but some work was needed at the premises so no agreement was likely before Christmas, Mr Harvey said.
The town is, however, set to get another mobile phone outlet, with the opening of a branch of The Carphone Warehouse in the High Street next Tuesday.
- 1 Missing woman back home
- 2 Huntingdon man due in court on drug charges
- 3 Pastor in freedom of speech and job fight over Pride tweet
- 4 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 5 Life would be better without mud says Anne Marie Hamilton
- 6 Serious case review launched into death of Teddie Mitchell
- 7 Man who died on A1 at Sawtry is named
- 8 Read the fascinating history of The Old Bridge Hotel
- 9 New bus service launched to serve Hunts villages
- 10 Jail for Huntingdon man who threatened to kill woman