NIMBYs are blocking the clean energy we all need
THE Galley Hill wind turbine – a symbol of hope harnessing the wind for a cleaner future.
I don’t think the objections are a problem.
Within the boundary of Hemingford Grey, on London Road, we have a filling station with enough volatile liquid to barbecue Limes Park, No-one worries about it because the site is well maintained and regulated.
As for ice falling from the wind turbine – Wood Green has had a turbine on the animal shelter site at Godmanchetser for 21 years. They don’t have any health and safety issues and benefit from surplus payment revenue. They are building a larger turbine in the near future.
There is also an objection that the wind turbine would be a distraction, causing accidents on the A14. can a crucial asset be blocked because suicidal motorists take their eyes off the road? Should we ban mobile phones because idiotic drivers use them behind the wheel?
You may also want to watch:
Wind turbines may not be a total answer to energy requirements, but they are doing their bit. They can be recycled, they don’t leave a legacy of desolation or storage for hundreds of years and they don’t pollute the environment, causing climate change.
There is a campaign to stop the development at any cost. The NIMBY movement has to be challenged before we are robbed of the clean energy we so desperately need.
- 1 What are the outstanding primary schools in Huntingdonshire?
- 2 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 3 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 4 Patients avoided going to the doctor out of fear of 'catching Covid'
- 5 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 6 Homebirths suspended at Hinchingbrooke Hospital due to staff shortages
- 7 Hoax caller flouted strict court order after just three days
- 8 Olive Indian receives service award for a second year
- 9 Delicious dessert shop 'Snik Snax' opens
- 10 Life sentence for Huntingdon paedophile who abused seven girls