Nightmare journeys no surprise
AT last – real life accounts of bus travel across the region (The Hunts Post, July 25). To bus users such as myself the descriptions of journeys undertaken by these intrepid travellers was no surprise. I howled with laughter at some of the comments, but I
AT last - real life accounts of bus travel across the region (The Hunts Post, July 25). To bus users such as myself the descriptions of journeys undertaken by these intrepid travellers was no surprise.
I howled with laughter at some of the comments, but I believed every single word. I know that there were no exaggerations in any of these reports.
I'm impressed that the experience has converted one person to leave the car at home and use buses instead. I wonder how long that will last.
However, your reporters told us only half the story. What about their return journeys? I can't believe they fared any better.
You may also want to watch:
This could become a regular feature in your paper - a real talking point - with contributions from various bus users across the region.
Perhaps the county council will now begin listening to the bus users and work towards creating an integrated bus service to attract many more passengers, rather than produce pie-in-the-sky documents, such as the Local Transport Plan, which bears little relation to reality.
- 1 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 2 Delicious dessert shop 'Snik Snax' opens
- 3 Huntingdon dealer who stole from vulnerable man is jailed
- 4 Warning to Huntingdon residents about the legal use of e-scooters
- 5 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 6 Royal Oak in Hail Weston named as the best pub in Cambridgeshire
- 7 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 8 Life sentence for Huntingdon paedophile who abused seven girls
- 9 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 10 Huntingdon man found with stash of drugs and cash is jailed
Incidentally, real time passenger information doesn't always work. It has resulted in passengers missing buses.
Mrs DIANA RICHARDSON, Poplar Close, Huntingdon