Nightmare journeys no surprise
AT last – real life accounts of bus travel across the region (The Hunts Post, July 25). To bus users such as myself the descriptions of journeys undertaken by these intrepid travellers was no surprise. I howled with laughter at some of the comments, but I
AT last - real life accounts of bus travel across the region (The Hunts Post, July 25). To bus users such as myself the descriptions of journeys undertaken by these intrepid travellers was no surprise.
I howled with laughter at some of the comments, but I believed every single word. I know that there were no exaggerations in any of these reports.
I'm impressed that the experience has converted one person to leave the car at home and use buses instead. I wonder how long that will last.
However, your reporters told us only half the story. What about their return journeys? I can't believe they fared any better.
This could become a regular feature in your paper - a real talking point - with contributions from various bus users across the region.
Perhaps the county council will now begin listening to the bus users and work towards creating an integrated bus service to attract many more passengers, rather than produce pie-in-the-sky documents, such as the Local Transport Plan, which bears little relation to reality.
- 1 Tributes for Godmanchester mum Lisa Leader who passed away on Friday
- 2 Young man dies on B645 near St Neots following a head-on crash
- 3 Businesswoman who launched popular St Ives shop has died
- 4 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
- 5 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 6 The Real Pie Company has opened in Huntingdon
- 7 Ex-wife of killer Colin Hill shares rape ordeal more than 30 years on
- 8 Auditor who fell ill on eve of farmgate report not returning to council
- 9 Overwhelming response to MND charity walk
- 10 Health chiefs call for action amid rise in sexually transmitted infections
Incidentally, real time passenger information doesn't always work. It has resulted in passengers missing buses.
Mrs DIANA RICHARDSON, Poplar Close, Huntingdon