News: Teenage Kicks Concert @ Cambridge Corn Exchange
AFTER the monumentally successful Teenage Kicks – A Concert for Tom Jones in 2005, and several smaller (but equally successful) events in the area, the team behind these fantastic showcases of local musical talent returns with its biggest night yet. Teen
AFTER the monumentally successful Teenage Kicks - A Concert for Tom Jones in 2005, and several smaller (but equally successful) events in the area, the team behind these fantastic showcases of local musical talent returns with its biggest night yet.
Teenage Kicks 2007, at the Corn Exchange in Cambridge, features a strong line-up of local bands, along with special guests from outside the region.
Paul Travis, the man behind the event, says: "It's so great that the gig provides a lasting memorial to Tom who loved playing music and was tragically killed in a hit and run accident while walking home from a party in 2005. This year we've got a fantastic line-up and all funds raised will be donated to the Huntingdon Multiple Sclerosis Therapy Centre."
More than 200 bands expressed an interest in playing the event, but the final line-up has now been confirmed as: Pilots of the Sixth, from Cambridge Linda's Nephew, from Huntingdon, Rosalita, from Ipswich, This Is My Honesty, Cambridge and The Moonjets from Ramsey, plus guest slots from Autons and former lead singer in chart-topping band Monaco, David Potts. The show promises to be one of the biggest nights in this year's gigging calendar, and it will also be filmed for a DVD release later in the year.
You may also want to watch:
DETAILS: Teenage Kicks 2007 at the Cambridge Corn Exchange, Saturday, January 27 from 6.30pm. Tickets £7 from the venue box office: 01223 357851 or www.cornex.co.uk
- 1 Murder most foul in village's historical records
- 2 St Ives schoolboy looking to claim national title with Kettering Town
- 3 Mum shares her experience in call for IVF to be reinstated
- 4 Hundreds sign petition to get drains cleared in Buckden after more flooding
- 5 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl
- 6 Matt Hancock at Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 7 Man dies following collision near Bluntisham
- 8 Read about the interesting history of the village of Broughton
- 9 Vaccine centre closure date announced amid 60,000 doses target
- 10 Family pets and beautiful wildlife for our Readers Photos this week