NEWS: Ladyfest to return
LAST year s LadyFest event in Cambridge was highly regarded as one of the local gigging highlights of the year. Those who attended, or who are annoyed to have missed out, will be delighted to learn of its return for 2008. Ladyfests are non-profit events
LAST year's LadyFest event in Cambridge was highly regarded as one of the local gigging highlights of the year. Those who attended, or who are annoyed to have missed out, will be delighted to learn of its return for 2008.
Ladyfests are non-profit events organised mainly by women. They aim to showcase the talents of female artists and performers.
The events are focused mainly on encouraging the talent of women and girls, but are open to everyone.
This year's event is looking to be bigger and better than ever. Already bands and artists who performed last year are asking to be involved again.
You may also want to watch:
Organised by volunteers Acoustic Stage, the festival runs between April 26 and May 3.
INFORMATION: Many events are already being organised. However, anyone who would like to put on their own music, comedy nights, theatre events or workshops is welcome.
- 1 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 2 Drug dealer who 'exploited vulnerable people' linked to 101 wraps of cocaine
- 3 Man in his 80s dies in fatal Buckden Road crash at Brampton
- 4 Off-duty detective snares £200k drug dealer
- 5 Fundraisers hit £400,000 milestone after month of charity challenges
- 6 Wanted woman accused of killing children in M1 crash could be in Huntingdon
- 7 Concerns over planned travel hub at railway station
- 8 Computing pioneer Sir Clive Sinclair who had links to St Ives dies aged 81
- 9 Spuds in a bucket competition at the gardening club
- 10 Awards for firm celebrating 10th anniversary
You can contact Jo at Acoustic Stage by e-mail: email@example.com