NEWS: Ladyfest to return
LAST year s LadyFest event in Cambridge was highly regarded as one of the local gigging highlights of the year. Those who attended, or who are annoyed to have missed out, will be delighted to learn of its return for 2008. Ladyfests are non-profit events
LAST year's LadyFest event in Cambridge was highly regarded as one of the local gigging highlights of the year. Those who attended, or who are annoyed to have missed out, will be delighted to learn of its return for 2008.
Ladyfests are non-profit events organised mainly by women. They aim to showcase the talents of female artists and performers.
The events are focused mainly on encouraging the talent of women and girls, but are open to everyone.
This year's event is looking to be bigger and better than ever. Already bands and artists who performed last year are asking to be involved again.
You may also want to watch:
Organised by volunteers Acoustic Stage, the festival runs between April 26 and May 3.
INFORMATION: Many events are already being organised. However, anyone who would like to put on their own music, comedy nights, theatre events or workshops is welcome.
- 1 Slepe Hall Hotel in St Ives has new owners
- 2 Dismay and concern over plans to build 36-foot railway viaduct
- 3 Mother pleads for housing 'electrical checks' after losing children in fire
- 4 Men who threatened shop workers with an axe are jailed
- 5 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 6 St Neots East seat announced after nail-biting three recounts
- 7 Who is in the running for police and crime commissioner in Cambs
- 8 Cambs police officer saves life of man who overdosed in park
- 9 Pretty town with lots of independent shops
- 10 National Trust reveal theft of 'historic items' and damage to Wimpole Hall
You can contact Jo at Acoustic Stage by e-mail: email@example.com