New taxi scheme is launched
A SPECIAL taxi service for people who have difficultly using public transport is up and running in Cambourne. The Cambourne Taxi Card Scheme will also be available to those who do not have access to a car or any other means of transport. The system works
A SPECIAL taxi service for people who have difficultly using public transport is up and running in Cambourne.
The Cambourne Taxi Card Scheme will also be available to those who do not have access to a car or any other means of transport.
The system works by offering subsidised taxi card vouchers that can be used with some local taxi companies and Cambridge Dial-a-Ride.
The aim is to help people get to and from medical appointments at Hinchingbrooke and Addenbrooke's hospitals, or simply to the shops.
You may also want to watch:
Vouchers cost 75p each and are available in booklets of 10 or 20. Each 75p voucher has a value of £2.50 and can be used to pay the taxi fare.
Vouchers and further details about eligibility for the scheme are available from Cambridgeshire County Council on 01223 717755.
- 1 Man in his 80s dies in fatal Buckden Road crash at Brampton
- 2 Off-duty detective snares £200k drug dealer
- 3 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 4 Police find string of ponies in middle of Cambridgeshire road
- 5 Wanted woman accused of killing children in M1 crash could be in Huntingdon
- 6 Concerns over planned travel hub at railway station
- 7 Freed from custody, animal rights campaigner back at Camp Beagle
- 8 Co-op grocery delivery robots are coming to Cambridgeshire
- 9 446 catalytic converter thefts in just 8 months reported in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Tractor driver error may have caused freight derailment in the Fens
INFORMATION : Contact Gavin Moulton on 01223 717755 or write to Cambridgeshire County Council, ET1015, Castle Court, Shire Hall, Cambridge, CB3 0AP, or e-mail email@example.com