New taxi scheme is launched
A SPECIAL taxi service for people who have difficultly using public transport is up and running in Cambourne. The Cambourne Taxi Card Scheme will also be available to those who do not have access to a car or any other means of transport. The system works
A SPECIAL taxi service for people who have difficultly using public transport is up and running in Cambourne.
The Cambourne Taxi Card Scheme will also be available to those who do not have access to a car or any other means of transport.
The system works by offering subsidised taxi card vouchers that can be used with some local taxi companies and Cambridge Dial-a-Ride.
The aim is to help people get to and from medical appointments at Hinchingbrooke and Addenbrooke's hospitals, or simply to the shops.
Vouchers cost 75p each and are available in booklets of 10 or 20. Each 75p voucher has a value of £2.50 and can be used to pay the taxi fare.
Vouchers and further details about eligibility for the scheme are available from Cambridgeshire County Council on 01223 717755.
- 1 Historic Huntingdon building on the market for nearly £500k
- 2 Fatal crash blocks A1M in Cambridgeshire
- 3 'Our inspiration' - Baby born four months early survives fight for life
- 4 Garage demolition opponents set up Facebook group
- 5 Huntingdon bookshop gets share of £2m online profits
- 6 Old Bailey trial begins of Rikki Neave murder suspect
- 7 Universal credit households to receive £20 for rising living costs
- 8 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 9 Serious case review launched into death of Teddie Mitchell
- 10 Four doctors and a nurse off sick with Covid-19 at Fenland surgeries
INFORMATION : Contact Gavin Moulton on 01223 717755 or write to Cambridgeshire County Council, ET1015, Castle Court, Shire Hall, Cambridge, CB3 0AP, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org