New St Neots base will help keep motor firm in fast lane
- Credit: Archant
A new motorsports firm has chosen St Neots as the location for its first premises as a part of its growth plan.
SpeedFab, run by former emissions tester Andeep Dhanjal, has moved into the industrial unit in Steel Close, Eaton Socon, after realising its accessible location and favourable rents.
The firm, which was launched last year, manufactures specialist parts for the motorsport industry, specialising in custom fabrication for the build and preparation of a race car.
Mr Dhanjal said: “I spent quite a bit of time looking for the ideal premises for SpeedFab, but as a new business I had to be careful of my start up costs.
“St Neots is perfect for me as it’s easily accessible for Potters Bar via the A1 and the unit is of a good size to accommodate my growth plans for the business.”
You may also want to watch:
The company also engineers exhaust systems as well as carrying out services on high-performance vehicles for private customers.
The announcement of the company’s opening was made by commercial property agents Barford+Co, who assisted with the search and purchase.
- 1 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village
- 2 Child rescued from floodwater in Godmanchester
- 3 Harrowing video warning from seriously ill 20-year-old who survived Covid
- 4 Here's your 'thank you' messages for school staff
- 5 Godmanchester Rapist is jailed for 15 years
- 6 First patients in St Ives to receive Covid-19 vaccination
- 7 Vaccine programme in St Ives and Warboys to start this week
- 8 Hinchingbrooke planning to expand critical care as Covid cases rise
- 9 GP surgeries in Huntingdon and Papworth start vaccine roll-out
- 10 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son
Howard Westgate, associate director at Barford+Co, said: “The unit recently let by SpeedFab is of a good specification with good levels of car parking which will suit the business well.
“The industrial market is particularly active at the moment with premises of this nature being snapped up very quickly, so Mr Dhanjal has done very well to secure this property for his new business.”
SpeedFab are expecting to welcome customers to the site later this year following a revamp of the unit.