New St Neots base will help keep motor firm in fast lane
- Credit: Archant
A new motorsports firm has chosen St Neots as the location for its first premises as a part of its growth plan.
SpeedFab, run by former emissions tester Andeep Dhanjal, has moved into the industrial unit in Steel Close, Eaton Socon, after realising its accessible location and favourable rents.
The firm, which was launched last year, manufactures specialist parts for the motorsport industry, specialising in custom fabrication for the build and preparation of a race car.
Mr Dhanjal said: “I spent quite a bit of time looking for the ideal premises for SpeedFab, but as a new business I had to be careful of my start up costs.
“St Neots is perfect for me as it’s easily accessible for Potters Bar via the A1 and the unit is of a good size to accommodate my growth plans for the business.”
You may also want to watch:
The company also engineers exhaust systems as well as carrying out services on high-performance vehicles for private customers.
The announcement of the company’s opening was made by commercial property agents Barford+Co, who assisted with the search and purchase.
- 1 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 2 Homes plan will 'breathe new life' into town
- 3 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 4 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 5 Read our focus on Ramsey town centre
- 6 Best Seat in the House - Meal boxes - are they an over-priced luxury?
- 7 Woman who died in fatal crash in Eaton Ford has been named
- 8 Letter of the Week: Brexit gain for food bank!
- 9 More Readers' Photos for this week
- 10 Wildlife group wants to hear about grass snake sightings
Howard Westgate, associate director at Barford+Co, said: “The unit recently let by SpeedFab is of a good specification with good levels of car parking which will suit the business well.
“The industrial market is particularly active at the moment with premises of this nature being snapped up very quickly, so Mr Dhanjal has done very well to secure this property for his new business.”
SpeedFab are expecting to welcome customers to the site later this year following a revamp of the unit.