New St Ives bus stop leaves me feeling cold
CONCERNING the new bus stop in Station Road, St Ives, I have the following comments. I find it absurd that the old and the vulnerable (including patients travelling to Addenbrooke’s Hospital ) should be expected to stand in all weathers on a busy pavement waiting for a bus into Cambridge when they are yards away from a purpose-built bus station with a waiting room.
The new stop is in a dangerous position as regards road traffic and likely to impede emergency services making their way to buildings in the area of Station Road.
This could be eased by introducing new restrictions on parking in the area concerned and closing the car park exit into Station Road. It seems money has been spent without due thought in order to reduce journey times on the busway by only a few minutes. It is unlikely to help peak-time traffic flow on the bypass once-term time is under way as pedestrians crossing at the bypass lights are often people choosing to park at the park and ride for access to St Ives and without any wish to travel on the busway
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Two men to appear in court to face aggravated burglary charges.
- 2 Villagers call for action after 'worst floods in years'
- 3 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village
- 4 Parking issues in Huntingdon are a 'safety hazard' says community chairman
- 5 Man who spent Christmas alone in intensive care proposes to girlfriend
- 6 Stuie Delf launches new fundraising campaign in memory of his brother
- 7 Letter of the Week: 'Could we sue stores who don't enforce mask wearing'?
- 8 Child rescued from floodwater in Godmanchester
- 9 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son
- 10 Godmanchester Rapist is jailed for 15 years