New non-emergency phone number launched for Cambridgeshire police
A NEW non-emergency phone number for Cambridgeshire police has been launched. All non-emergencies in the county can now be reported by calling 0345 4564564.The move will allow people with call packages which provide free local calls to benefit as 0345 n
A NEW non-emergency phone number for Cambridgeshire police has been launched.
All non-emergencies in the county can now be reported by calling 0345 4564564.
The move will allow people with call packages which provide free local calls to benefit as 0345 numbers are classed as local calls.
The old 0845 number will remain operational alongside the new number until April 2011 to allow people time to get used to the new number.
You may also want to watch:
Marketing materials for the force will be replaced with the 0345 number as old materials are used up over the next two years.
Cambridgeshire police are following in the footsteps of other forces that have already made the change to 03 numbers.
- 1 ‘The most glamorous christening the vicar had ever seen!’
- 2 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 3 Concerns over planned travel hub at railway station
- 4 Man in his 80s dies in fatal Buckden Road crash at Brampton
- 5 Drug dealer who 'exploited vulnerable people' linked to 101 wraps of cocaine
- 6 Off-duty detective snares £200k drug dealer
- 7 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 8 Plea to hold a Macmillan Coffee Morning as sign-ups drop
- 9 Computing pioneer Sir Clive Sinclair who had links to St Ives dies aged 81
- 10 Wanted woman accused of killing children in M1 crash could be in Huntingdon
Force Control Room manager Ed Essad said: "The number has been introduced to give callers a better service.
"We have made the change in response to requests from the public for us to move to a number which is cheaper for many people to call.
"Although we are only changing the number by one digit we have made the decision to phase in the change over a matter of years.
"This means that the cost to the force will be minimal and it will give the public time to get used to the new number.