New non-emergency phone number launched for Cambridgeshire police
A NEW non-emergency phone number for Cambridgeshire police has been launched. All non-emergencies in the county can now be reported by calling 0345 4564564.The move will allow people with call packages which provide free local calls to benefit as 0345 n
A NEW non-emergency phone number for Cambridgeshire police has been launched.
All non-emergencies in the county can now be reported by calling 0345 4564564.
The move will allow people with call packages which provide free local calls to benefit as 0345 numbers are classed as local calls.
The old 0845 number will remain operational alongside the new number until April 2011 to allow people time to get used to the new number.
You may also want to watch:
Marketing materials for the force will be replaced with the 0345 number as old materials are used up over the next two years.
Cambridgeshire police are following in the footsteps of other forces that have already made the change to 03 numbers.
- 1 Complaints as elderly people wait in freezing conditions for vaccine
- 2 Two weeks left to respond to proposed flight path over Huntingdonshire
- 3 Two men to appear in court to face aggravated burglary charges.
- 4 Hunts police called to 'numerous breaches' of covid regulations
- 5 HSBC is to close its branch in Huntingdon, it has been announced
- 6 Villagers call for action after 'worst floods in years'
- 7 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village
- 8 100-year-old care home resident reveals secret to a long life
- 9 Vaccine programme in St Ives and Warboys to start this week
- 10 Child rescued from floodwater in Godmanchester
Force Control Room manager Ed Essad said: "The number has been introduced to give callers a better service.
"We have made the change in response to requests from the public for us to move to a number which is cheaper for many people to call.
"Although we are only changing the number by one digit we have made the decision to phase in the change over a matter of years.
"This means that the cost to the force will be minimal and it will give the public time to get used to the new number.