New Huntingdon library - great
AT long last we are able to use and enjoy the wonderful new library in Huntingdon, although it has the inevitable design faults of most modern buildings. Unusable vertical space is an absolute requirement in any public building erected in the last 20 year
AT long last we are able to use and enjoy the wonderful new library in Huntingdon, although it has the inevitable design faults of most modern buildings. Unusable vertical space is an absolute requirement in any public building erected in the last 20 years, in order to promote the 'wow' factor.
However, apart from some problems with the lift and computers, and inadequate provision of toilets, the building does come up to expectations.
As a library user, I want a comfortable environment in which to browse through a selection of books, use the computers, and obtain information from the reference library, so I am very satisfied.
But, however wonderful the building may be, it would not work without the wonderful staff who provide such a willing and friendly service, greeting the public with a friendly welcome and offers of help.
I have always been very impressed by the efficient and willing attitude of the librarians at Huntingdon branch, so it is no surprise that they continue to offer the same high level of service in the new building. Long may it continue.
- 1 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 2 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
- 3 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 4 80th birthday celebrations for the East's longest-serving lollipop lady
- 5 RSPCA investigating 'welfare of beagles' at Huntingdon dog breeding unit
- 6 White roses and political history in Huntingdonshire
- 7 Pictures show dramatic skies over Huntingdonshire and the Fens
- 8 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 9 7 great places to get a bottomless brunch in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Huge Victorian house with pool and gym on sale for £1.75m