New faces will mark milestone for Cambridgeshire Chambers of Commerce
- Credit: Archant
The Cambridgeshire Chambers of Commerce has welcomed two new faces to the head of its organisation as it prepares to mark its 100th anniversary.
Established entrepreneur, Mark Read has been elected chairman after holding a position on the board since May 2011 in his capacity as chairman of the Ely Chamber of Commerce.
“This is a hugely exciting time to be leading the board at Cambridgeshire Chambers of Commerce and a great privilege to do so in a special year that will celebrate the achievements not just of the chamber itself over the last 100 years, but of our members,” Mr Read said.
Managing director of Whizzle Ltd, a specialist supplier of consumables to the communication and construction industry, Mr Read is also a board member of the Greater Cambridge Greater Peterborough Enterprise Partnership.
Mr Read has taken on his new role as outgoing chairman Iain Crighton has been appointed as honorary president following seven years at the helm.
You may also want to watch:
“The chamber is in a great place in terms of the security it can offer its members, as well as its reputation and strategic influence across the area,” Mr Crighton said.
“I’m personally very proud of the chambers’ achievements and am looking forward to joining in the organisation’s centenary celebrations as honorary president throughout 2017.”
- 1 Woman dies after car hits lamppost in Eaton Ford
- 2 Drivers escape unharmed after lorry and roadworks truck crash on A1m
- 3 Huge queues and excitement in Huntingdon as shoppers return
- 4 New Shoe Zone 'concept store' opens
- 5 Story of "poltergeist activity" at the local pub
- 6 People and businesses in St Neots 'thrilled' as lockdown eases
- 7 Tribute for inspirational transplant patient Sammi Sparke
- 8 Burglar's DNA linked to break in at Ramsey Royal British Legion Club
- 9 New secondary school for St Neots could be open by 2025
- 10 Fenstanton Youth pick up where they left off with win over Bluntisham Blasters
Mr Crighton has been involved with the chamber for a number of years, including 13 years as chairman of the Peterborough chamber committee.
“It has been nothing but a privilege to represent the Cambridgeshire business community and actively support many initiatives over the years that have successfully contributed not only to the growth of individual members but also to the wider economic area,” Mr Crighton added.
“I’m personally very proud of the chambers’ achievements and am looking forward to joining in the organisation’s centenary celebrations as honorary president.”