New discussions on sports centre
CAMBOURNE residents are being invited to a public meeting to discuss the future of a £4.5million sports centre to be built in the village. The meeting will take place at The Hub in Cambourne High Street on Tuesday, June 5, at 6.30pm. Parish clerk John V
CAMBOURNE residents are being invited to a public meeting to discuss the future of a £4.5million sports centre to be built in the village.
The meeting will take place at The Hub in Cambourne High Street on Tuesday, June 5, at 6.30pm.
Parish clerk John Vickery said: "We want as many people as possible to come along to discuss the future of the sports centre and to receive an update on its progress."
The leisure centre has been much talked about for a number of years but it is now hoped a planning application will be submitted by Xpect Leisure within the next few weeks.
You may also want to watch:
The sports centre, which will be located near the skate park in Upper Cambourne, is expected to have a sports hall with four badminton courts, changing rooms, a 20-metre swimming pool, sauna, spa, steam room, creche and café. The work was originally scheduled top be complete mid-2008 but a new opening date has not yet been agreed.
INFORMATION: To find out more phone Cambourne parish clerk, John Vickery on 01954 714403.
- 1 Huntingdon 'predator' jailed for raping woman at his home
- 2 Alconbury to benefit from £200,000 flood protection funding
- 3 Seven arrested after £70k-worth of bicycles stolen
- 4 Group charged in connection with Rutland Cycling burglary
- 5 Giant elephant and free rides at Huntingdon Fun Day
- 6 New project will enhance river at Godmanchester
- 7 Sewer network improvements in £600k investment for St Neots
- 8 Village job club providing vital service
- 9 St Ives beloved market returns to town centre
- 10 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery