New discussions on sports centre
CAMBOURNE residents are being invited to a public meeting to discuss the future of a £4.5million sports centre to be built in the village. The meeting will take place at The Hub in Cambourne High Street on Tuesday, June 5, at 6.30pm. Parish clerk John V
CAMBOURNE residents are being invited to a public meeting to discuss the future of a £4.5million sports centre to be built in the village.
The meeting will take place at The Hub in Cambourne High Street on Tuesday, June 5, at 6.30pm.
Parish clerk John Vickery said: "We want as many people as possible to come along to discuss the future of the sports centre and to receive an update on its progress."
The leisure centre has been much talked about for a number of years but it is now hoped a planning application will be submitted by Xpect Leisure within the next few weeks.
You may also want to watch:
The sports centre, which will be located near the skate park in Upper Cambourne, is expected to have a sports hall with four badminton courts, changing rooms, a 20-metre swimming pool, sauna, spa, steam room, creche and café. The work was originally scheduled top be complete mid-2008 but a new opening date has not yet been agreed.
INFORMATION: To find out more phone Cambourne parish clerk, John Vickery on 01954 714403.
- 1 Dismay and concern over plans to build 36-foot railway viaduct
- 2 Burglary tip-off unearths £1.38m cannabis 'factory'
- 3 Who is in the running for police and crime commissioner in Cambs
- 4 Family-run business with expanding reputation
- 5 Election Special: Who's standing where in Huntingdonshire
- 6 National Trust reveal theft of 'historic items' and damage to Wimpole Hall
- 7 'Keeping things simple' is key to business success for St Neots firm
- 8 Warner Bros spotted filming new Batman movie at Burghley House
- 9 St Neots has elected its new mayor and deputy mayor
- 10 For sale: Carefully crafted, new build homes with generous plots in rural village of Clopton