New date for hospital fund-raiser
A FUNDRAISER for Hinchingbrooke Hospital raised £500 despite being rained off. The Family Fun weekend is to be held again over the weekend of September 9 and 10. The original event at Wait for the Wagon in Wyboston could not have its bungee run or bouncy
A FUNDRAISER for Hinchingbrooke Hospital raised £500 despite being rained off. The Family Fun weekend is to be held again over the weekend of September 9 and 10.
The original event at Wait for the Wagon in Wyboston could not have its bungee run or bouncy castle and did not run the charity auction, but still raised the cash with help of fund matching by Barclays.
The money was raised by market stalls, a car boot sale and a charity fayre, raffle and live music. There were majorette displays from the Scorpion Spinners of St Neots and The Pigs rock band played for two hours free of charge.
The event was the brainchild of Jason James, owner of Funkys, suppliers of bouncy castles in St Neots, after he read about the financial plight of the hospital in The Hunts Post.
Mr James said: "I wanted to do something to help."
The pub has donated 10p on every drink sold, and the fees for the car boot sale pitches will be donated to charity, as well as all stallholder fees.
- 1 Mother pays tribute to “much-loved” son who died near Fen Drayton
- 2 Karl Brockett writes about the history of St Ives
- 3 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 4 'He is our hero' - D-day veteran Wilf, 102, gets surprise visit
- 5 Cambridgeshire's Enhanced Area Status extended amid Covid surge in schools
- 6 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 7 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 8 Robber attempts to steal scratch card and alcohol from convenience store
- 9 Huge spike in safety complaints due to 'bedroom sellers' during pandemic
- 10 Huntingdon town mayor supports launch of The Eclettica
INFORMATION: The Wait for the Wagon pub is on the A1 at Wyboston. The re-scheduled fundraiser will be from noon to midnight on September 9 and noon to 6pm on September 10. Donations are invited for the charity auction. Contact landlady Elaine Sullivan on 01480 393330.