New date for hospital fund-raiser
A FUNDRAISER for Hinchingbrooke Hospital raised £500 despite being rained off. The Family Fun weekend is to be held again over the weekend of September 9 and 10. The original event at Wait for the Wagon in Wyboston could not have its bungee run or bouncy
A FUNDRAISER for Hinchingbrooke Hospital raised £500 despite being rained off. The Family Fun weekend is to be held again over the weekend of September 9 and 10.
The original event at Wait for the Wagon in Wyboston could not have its bungee run or bouncy castle and did not run the charity auction, but still raised the cash with help of fund matching by Barclays.
The money was raised by market stalls, a car boot sale and a charity fayre, raffle and live music. There were majorette displays from the Scorpion Spinners of St Neots and The Pigs rock band played for two hours free of charge.
The event was the brainchild of Jason James, owner of Funkys, suppliers of bouncy castles in St Neots, after he read about the financial plight of the hospital in The Hunts Post.
You may also want to watch:
Mr James said: "I wanted to do something to help."
The pub has donated 10p on every drink sold, and the fees for the car boot sale pitches will be donated to charity, as well as all stallholder fees.
- 1 Dismay and concern over plans to build 36-foot railway viaduct
- 2 Slepe Hall Hotel in St Ives has new owners
- 3 Who is in the running for police and crime commissioner in Cambs
- 4 Men who threatened shop workers with an axe are jailed
- 5 National Trust reveal theft of 'historic items' and damage to Wimpole Hall
- 6 Cambs police officer saves life of man who overdosed in park
- 7 Burglary tip-off unearths £1.38m cannabis 'factory'
- 8 Election Special: Who's standing where in Huntingdonshire
- 9 'Keeping things simple' is key to business success for St Neots firm
- 10 Huntingdon business is first in UK to supply American craft beer
INFORMATION: The Wait for the Wagon pub is on the A1 at Wyboston. The re-scheduled fundraiser will be from noon to midnight on September 9 and noon to 6pm on September 10. Donations are invited for the charity auction. Contact landlady Elaine Sullivan on 01480 393330.