New bus pass offers free travel
A NEW bus pass for the over 60s and people with disabilities is being introduced next year. The pass will offer free travel on bus services throughout the whole of England during off-peak periods Monday to Friday and all day on weekends and bank holidays
A NEW bus pass for the over 60s and people with disabilities is being introduced next year.
The pass will offer free travel on bus services throughout the whole of England during off-peak periods Monday to Friday and all day on weekends and bank holidays.
Huntingdonshire District Council is getting ready to issue over 15,000 passes before the end of March and is encouraging residents who currently have a bus pass, or those requesting one for the first time, to apply now for a new card ready for when the new scheme starts in April.
INFORMATION: To apply for a new bus pass call 01480 388388 and a form will be sent to you or you can collect and return a form to any of the following locations:
You may also want to watch:
Huntingdonshire District Council, Customer Services, St. Mary's Street, Huntingdon,
Priory Centre, St Neots, Town Hall, Market Hill, St Ives, Ramsey Information Centre, Great Whyte, Yaxley Information Centre, Broadway Shopping Centre.
- 1 Drug dealer who 'exploited vulnerable people' linked to 101 wraps of cocaine
- 2 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 3 Man in his 80s dies in fatal Buckden Road crash at Brampton
- 4 Off-duty detective snares £200k drug dealer
- 5 Fundraisers hit £400,000 milestone after month of charity challenges
- 6 Computing pioneer Sir Clive Sinclair who had links to St Ives dies aged 81
- 7 Food business sponsors new kit for under-10s
- 8 Spuds in a bucket competition at the gardening club
- 9 Concerns over planned travel hub at railway station
- 10 Freed from custody, animal rights campaigner back at Camp Beagle
Additionally, forms can be collected from the following locations but must be returned to the locations listed above: Travelchoice Centre, Queensgate Bus Station, Peterborough,, Peterborough City Council, Bayard Place, Broadway, Peterborough
Forms can also be downloaded from www.huntingdonshire.gov.uk
Completed forms must be accompanied by proof of eligibility and a passport size photograph. If you are aged 60 or over and hold an existing pass, this will be accepted proof.
If you are applying on medical or disability grounds or applying for a pass for the first time because you are aged 60 or over, proof of residency is required together with proof of age or the nature of disability.
Further information and details of eligibility can be found on the application form and accompanying guidance leaflet.