New bus pass offers free travel
A NEW bus pass for the over 60s and people with disabilities is being introduced next year. The pass will offer free travel on bus services throughout the whole of England during off-peak periods Monday to Friday and all day on weekends and bank holidays
A NEW bus pass for the over 60s and people with disabilities is being introduced next year.
The pass will offer free travel on bus services throughout the whole of England during off-peak periods Monday to Friday and all day on weekends and bank holidays.
Huntingdonshire District Council is getting ready to issue over 15,000 passes before the end of March and is encouraging residents who currently have a bus pass, or those requesting one for the first time, to apply now for a new card ready for when the new scheme starts in April.
INFORMATION: To apply for a new bus pass call 01480 388388 and a form will be sent to you or you can collect and return a form to any of the following locations:
Huntingdonshire District Council, Customer Services, St. Mary's Street, Huntingdon,
Priory Centre, St Neots, Town Hall, Market Hill, St Ives, Ramsey Information Centre, Great Whyte, Yaxley Information Centre, Broadway Shopping Centre.
- 1 Police searching for missing man discover body
- 2 Car rolled in crash on A14
- 3 Two-day closure set for B661 between Great Staughton and Grafham Water
- 4 Sir John Major to answer questions at Infected Blood Inquiry
- 5 Jail for man who boasted he was the St Ives 'weed man'
- 6 John Major's 'bad luck' comment is 'absolutely disgraceful' says son of victim
- 7 Garden railway raises money for 3 Pillars
- 8 Eight Huntingdon children handed anti-social behaviour interventions
- 9 A charity football match involving a mixed Polish and Ukrainian team aims to raise funds for Ukraine
- 10 Huntingdon and Peterborough hospitals bring back masks after rise in Covid numbers
Additionally, forms can be collected from the following locations but must be returned to the locations listed above: Travelchoice Centre, Queensgate Bus Station, Peterborough,, Peterborough City Council, Bayard Place, Broadway, Peterborough
Forms can also be downloaded from www.huntingdonshire.gov.uk
Completed forms must be accompanied by proof of eligibility and a passport size photograph. If you are aged 60 or over and hold an existing pass, this will be accepted proof.
If you are applying on medical or disability grounds or applying for a pass for the first time because you are aged 60 or over, proof of residency is required together with proof of age or the nature of disability.
Further information and details of eligibility can be found on the application form and accompanying guidance leaflet.