New bus pass offers free travel
A NEW bus pass for the over 60s and people with disabilities is being introduced next year. The pass will offer free travel on bus services throughout the whole of England during off-peak periods Monday to Friday and all day on weekends and bank holidays
A NEW bus pass for the over 60s and people with disabilities is being introduced next year.
The pass will offer free travel on bus services throughout the whole of England during off-peak periods Monday to Friday and all day on weekends and bank holidays.
Huntingdonshire District Council is getting ready to issue over 15,000 passes before the end of March and is encouraging residents who currently have a bus pass, or those requesting one for the first time, to apply now for a new card ready for when the new scheme starts in April.
INFORMATION: To apply for a new bus pass call 01480 388388 and a form will be sent to you or you can collect and return a form to any of the following locations:
You may also want to watch:
Huntingdonshire District Council, Customer Services, St. Mary's Street, Huntingdon,
Priory Centre, St Neots, Town Hall, Market Hill, St Ives, Ramsey Information Centre, Great Whyte, Yaxley Information Centre, Broadway Shopping Centre.
- 1 Landmark A14 viaduct demolition is captured on camera
- 2 St Neots Covid vaccination centre is on the move
- 3 Colourful benches have been placed in St Neots
- 4 Body discovered in Hartford believed to be missing Nathan
- 5 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 6 Car crashes into safety barriers as driver flees scene
- 7 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 8 Burglars used paving slabs and sledge hammers to smash into homes
- 9 Paedophile offered 'naked massages' to undercover police officer
- 10 Buckle hits half-century but Hunts boys fall to Northants defeat
Additionally, forms can be collected from the following locations but must be returned to the locations listed above: Travelchoice Centre, Queensgate Bus Station, Peterborough,, Peterborough City Council, Bayard Place, Broadway, Peterborough
Forms can also be downloaded from www.huntingdonshire.gov.uk
Completed forms must be accompanied by proof of eligibility and a passport size photograph. If you are aged 60 or over and hold an existing pass, this will be accepted proof.
If you are applying on medical or disability grounds or applying for a pass for the first time because you are aged 60 or over, proof of residency is required together with proof of age or the nature of disability.
Further information and details of eligibility can be found on the application form and accompanying guidance leaflet.