New baton donation for Huntingdon twirling troupe
MEMBERS of the Blue Vision Twirling Troupe can now reach new heights, thanks to a donation of five batons from Norwich and Peterborough Building Society.
Charlotte Turton, customer adviser at N&P’s Huntingdon branch, was approached by troupe leader Jo Bathurst for help to replace some old equipment – and Charlotte offered to donate five new twirling batons with ribbon.
Jo said: “We’re extremely grateful to N&P for the donation. It’s really important to us that we have good equipment for the girls to use, especially when we compete.
“It’s such a great troupe that we have, and for our younger members especially, it’s a good way of making friends and building their confidence.”
The Blue Vision Twirling Troupe, which is a non-profit making organisation established in May 2003, will next be performing at the 1st Regional Championships in St Neots on September 25.
You may also want to watch:
It has 29 members, ranging from five to 29, and meets twice a week.
- 1 Woman left with a ‘bloodied nose’ in Huntingdon
- 2 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 3 Jail for Fenstanton man who groomed teenager
- 4 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 5 Do you remember the old Megatron at Alconbury?
- 6 Woman in her 60s 'remains in serious condition' after B1514 crash
- 7 Drug dealing pair caught thanks to eagle-eyed neighbours
- 8 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 9 Family pay tribute to great grandfather who died in Buckden Road crash
- 10 Historic St Ives former grammar school site set for houses after £1m sale