New baton donation for Huntingdon twirling troupe
MEMBERS of the Blue Vision Twirling Troupe can now reach new heights, thanks to a donation of five batons from Norwich and Peterborough Building Society.
Charlotte Turton, customer adviser at N&P’s Huntingdon branch, was approached by troupe leader Jo Bathurst for help to replace some old equipment – and Charlotte offered to donate five new twirling batons with ribbon.
Jo said: “We’re extremely grateful to N&P for the donation. It’s really important to us that we have good equipment for the girls to use, especially when we compete.
“It’s such a great troupe that we have, and for our younger members especially, it’s a good way of making friends and building their confidence.”
The Blue Vision Twirling Troupe, which is a non-profit making organisation established in May 2003, will next be performing at the 1st Regional Championships in St Neots on September 25.
You may also want to watch:
It has 29 members, ranging from five to 29, and meets twice a week.
- 1 Matt Hancock at Hinchingbrooke Hospital today
- 2 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl
- 3 Check out some of Huntingdonshire's fascinating history
- 4 New trophies to celebrate achievement at St Neots school
- 5 Man dies following collision near Bluntisham
- 6 Vaccine centre closure date announced amid 60,000 doses target
- 7 Landmark A14 viaduct demolition is captured on camera
- 8 A fund has been set up in memory of Nathan Cowell
- 9 Body discovered in Hartford believed to be missing Nathan
- 10 Interactive map shows Covid Indian variant cases in Huntingdonshire