New and Locke-ing good
ARTIST OF THE WEEK REGULARS on the Cambridge music scene may have spotted a new face recently and he s making an instant waves with those accoustically inclined. Singer/songwriter Elliott Locke has seemingly appeared from nowhere with a controlled, well
ARTIST OF THE WEEK
REGULARS on the Cambridge music scene may have spotted a new face recently and he's making an instant waves with those accoustically inclined.
Singer/songwriter Elliott Locke has seemingly appeared from nowhere with a controlled, well written set brimming with potential. The truth is he hasn't just arrived on the scene as a beginner, the 22-year-old has recently moved into the area from his hometown of Five Oak Green, in Kent, with a determination to take his sounds to our nearest city and beyond.
Although his music has often been compared to Jack Johnson, Ben Harper and Damian Rice, many of Locke's structures have come from reggae roots. "Reggae, I feel, gave me the sense of listening deeper into the music and the meanings. For me music truly is the heart and soul of all people and for me expresses things in the only way that comes close to pure feeling, more than just words," he tells me.
Keen to work with other acoustic artists; guitarists, percussionists and cello players are all on the agenda, Locke has recently purchased a camper van with the intention of touring the UK and Europe before the end of the year. Judging by the speed in which he has taken the Cambridge scene by storm, it's only a matter of time before the rest of the country are taken in by this exciting talent. RICHARD PAUL
- 1 Mother pays tribute to “much-loved” son who died near Fen Drayton
- 2 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 3 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 4 Cambridgeshire's Enhanced Area Status extended amid Covid surge in schools
- 5 Karl Brockett writes about the history of St Ives
- 6 Hinchingbrooke Hospital get share of £4.5m to 'improve care'
- 7 Robber attempts to steal scratch card and alcohol from convenience store
- 8 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 9 Huge spike in safety complaints due to 'bedroom sellers' during pandemic
- 10 Man who died in St Neots crash is named