Nene Valley Gliding Club must survive
WE are writing in response to the articles in The Hunts Post regarding the turbine threat to the Nene Valley Gliding Club.
As members of the local community, we are always looking for different and exciting opportunities for the region’s young people. One such activity was held last weekend when we had the second of two very successful days out, taking 12 scouts and two leaders up into the air.
It would be a shame for such a well-run facility to have to close due to the issues laid out in The Hunts Post – in relation to the disruption of air flow caused by the proposed wind turbines – and we hope that we can take more scout troops to the gliding club over the coming months and years.
Finally, we would very much like to thank Michael, Steve, Richard and Ian at the club for a very enjoyable day out.
1st Bury and Upwood
- 1 Missing woman back home
- 2 Pastor in freedom of speech and job fight over Pride tweet
- 3 Huntingdon man due in court on drug charges
- 4 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 5 Read the fascinating history of The Old Bridge Hotel
- 6 Life would be better without mud says Anne Marie Hamilton
- 7 Serious case review launched into death of Teddie Mitchell
- 8 New bus service launched to serve Hunts villages
- 9 Jail for Huntingdon man who threatened to kill woman
- 10 Man who died on A1 at Sawtry is named