Neighbour’s action commended by fire service
A BRAVE neighbour who burned his hands putting out a fire has been commended by the fire service. The electrical fire resulted in two small explosions in Eaton Socon. A fire crew from Huntingdon was called to Prince Close, on Monday (October 23) after tw
A BRAVE neighbour who burned his hands putting out a fire has been commended by the fire service. The electrical fire resulted in two small explosions in Eaton Socon.
A fire crew from Huntingdon was called to Prince Close, on Monday (October 23) after two brick sheds caught alight. When the crew arrived on the scene the fire, which is believed to have been started by a faulty electrical appliance, had been extinguished by a neighbour using a fire extinguisher.
Huntingdon crew manager Kevin Napier, said: "We commend the efforts of the brave neighbour in attacking the fire and successfully extinguishing it prior to our arrival. His actions certainly prevented the fire from developing into a serious situation considering the contents of the buildings."
Extensive damage was caused to one of the buildings after the fire ignited paints, thinners and old newspaper which were also stored in the shed, causing two small explosions.
You may also want to watch:
Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service is now advising members of the public to take care when storing flammable items.
Mr Napier, added: "I would appeal to householders to consider the items that they store in their sheds and outbuildings, and understand the implications storing these flammable items has should they become exposed to heat or involved in fire."
- 1 Shops, homes and office space plan for town centre building
- 2 St Neots man banned from pubs for two years
- 3 St Neots care assistant Jack set to shine in BBC Three's Glow Up
- 4 Homes plan will 'breathe new life' into town
- 5 Man who died in road crash is named
- 6 Memories of St Neots' town centre
- 7 Ventriloquist shares career highlights after retiring in Huntingdon
- 8 Government plans at-home tablet to 'stop the virus in its tracks'
- 9 For sale: Spacious two bedroom bungalow with generous plots in Hartford
- 10 Fish and Chip shop wins award
INFORMATION: For fire safety advice contact your local fire station or telephone 01480 52567 and ask to speak to the community fire safety officer.