Need to think of others
IN answer to David Wakefield (Letters, December 6), Mike Cusack and I are two councillors who totally agree that composting is a must. However, this should not be at the cost and misery of all the residents who have complained. You must understand that
IN answer to David Wakefield (Letters, December 6), Mike Cusack and I are two councillors who totally agree that composting is a must.
However, this should not be at the cost and misery of all the residents who have complained.
You must understand that you live in the highest point in the area and may not get the smells. The onions are not all locally produced but mostly come in from Europe.
All we ask is that they be composted in a manner that doesn't affect the quality of life for others.
You may also want to watch:
We are all for recycling of green waste: that was not the issue.
But we have had lots of complaints about the horrible smells in the area of the Maltings, West Avenue, Westfield, Princes Street and Star Lane.
- 1 Homes plan will 'breathe new life' into town
- 2 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 3 Read our focus on Ramsey town centre
- 4 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 5 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 6 Charity 130-mile trek raises over £4,000 after rare diagnosis for Hunts man
- 7 Grants handed out to help people with cancer in Hunts total £17,000
- 8 WATCH: One minute silence to honour the Duke
- 9 Woman who died in fatal crash in Eaton Ford has been named
- 10 Woman dies after car hits lamppost in Eaton Ford
It is unpleasant for people who have to close their bedroom windows on a nice, warm day or have to take their washing indoors or are unable to sit out in the garden without being made to feel sick.
I and my fellow councillor, Mike Cusack, were voted in to represent the people of Ramsey and villages, and we will carry this out to the best of our ability, as a lot of people will already know.
Councillor RAY POWELL, Ramsey Town and Huntingdonshire District Councillor