Need to think of others
IN answer to David Wakefield (Letters, December 6), Mike Cusack and I are two councillors who totally agree that composting is a must. However, this should not be at the cost and misery of all the residents who have complained. You must understand that
IN answer to David Wakefield (Letters, December 6), Mike Cusack and I are two councillors who totally agree that composting is a must.
However, this should not be at the cost and misery of all the residents who have complained.
You must understand that you live in the highest point in the area and may not get the smells. The onions are not all locally produced but mostly come in from Europe.
All we ask is that they be composted in a manner that doesn't affect the quality of life for others.
We are all for recycling of green waste: that was not the issue.
But we have had lots of complaints about the horrible smells in the area of the Maltings, West Avenue, Westfield, Princes Street and Star Lane.
- 1 Jail for paedophile who photographed abuse
- 2 Ian Stewart 'appeared odd' at wife Diane's funeral, court hears
- 3 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 4 Motion passed to send letter to Michael Gove after objections to incinerator plan
- 5 Charming 'cakery' selling sweet treats opens in Ramsey
- 6 Face coverings no longer mandatory indoors as England returns to Plan A
- 7 Mother of Rikki Neave 'told the truth and nothing but the truth', jury told
- 8 Serious case review launched into death of Teddie Mitchell
- 9 Huntingdonshire History Festival returns this summer
- 10 Huntingdon man due in court on drug charges
It is unpleasant for people who have to close their bedroom windows on a nice, warm day or have to take their washing indoors or are unable to sit out in the garden without being made to feel sick.
I and my fellow councillor, Mike Cusack, were voted in to represent the people of Ramsey and villages, and we will carry this out to the best of our ability, as a lot of people will already know.
Councillor RAY POWELL, Ramsey Town and Huntingdonshire District Councillor