Need to think of others
IN answer to David Wakefield (Letters, December 6), Mike Cusack and I are two councillors who totally agree that composting is a must. However, this should not be at the cost and misery of all the residents who have complained. You must understand that
IN answer to David Wakefield (Letters, December 6), Mike Cusack and I are two councillors who totally agree that composting is a must.
However, this should not be at the cost and misery of all the residents who have complained.
You must understand that you live in the highest point in the area and may not get the smells. The onions are not all locally produced but mostly come in from Europe.
All we ask is that they be composted in a manner that doesn't affect the quality of life for others.
We are all for recycling of green waste: that was not the issue.
But we have had lots of complaints about the horrible smells in the area of the Maltings, West Avenue, Westfield, Princes Street and Star Lane.
- 1 No water relief for depleted rivers and reservoirs with another heatwave forecast
- 2 Family pay tribute to 'hard worker' father killed in A14 crash
- 3 Little Gransden Air and Car Show to celebrate 30 years of fundraising for children in need
- 4 'Risk of injury' - Aldi recalls product due to safety fears
- 5 Man, 37, named as A14 death crash victim
- 6 Huntingdonshire architecture practice shortlisted for national awards
- 7 Little Gransden woman in line for prestigious national award
- 8 War-time crash crew take on street names in Godmanchester
- 9 Huntingdon and Godmanchester celebrate 40-year twinning anniversary in Germany
- 10 St Neots man who put 'fear into the lives' of his victims is jailed
It is unpleasant for people who have to close their bedroom windows on a nice, warm day or have to take their washing indoors or are unable to sit out in the garden without being made to feel sick.
I and my fellow councillor, Mike Cusack, were voted in to represent the people of Ramsey and villages, and we will carry this out to the best of our ability, as a lot of people will already know.
Councillor RAY POWELL, Ramsey Town and Huntingdonshire District Councillor