Music tour success
HUNTINGDONSHIRE Music School s first ever music tour has been hailed a success after members and supporters travelled to Germany and France to perform. More than 60 people travelled to Wertheim after the music school s bands were invited to play at the pr
HUNTINGDONSHIRE Music School's first ever music tour has been hailed a success after members and supporters travelled to Germany and France to perform.
More than 60 people travelled to Wertheim after the music school's bands were invited to play at the prestigious music festival in Wertheim - one of Huntingdon's twin towns.
The school's brass band, intermediate and senior concert bands and the swing band all performed in Germany at the bandstand in the centre of Wertheim and also in the piazza outside the town hall.
A spokesman for the school said the performances were very well received by large audiences and that Gary Sieling, the music school director, was pleased with the high standard of performance by the musicians.
Following the school's success at the festival, which attracts musicians from across Germany, the tour continued to France where all the musicians combined into a massed concert band and performed on a stage at EuroDisney.
- 1 'He is our hero' - D-day veteran Wilf, 102, gets surprise visit
- 2 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 3 Huntingdon town mayor supports launch of The Eclettica
- 4 Oliver Cromwell pub has had a brand new refurbishment
- 5 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 6 Could you give these pets a home?
- 7 Family pay tribute to woman who died following St Ives crash
- 8 A look at how people prepared for Christmas in the last 100 years
- 9 Huntingdon Racecourse - surviving the pandemic and then came the floods!
- 10 Karl Brockett writes about the history of St Ives