Murder Inquiry As St Ives Man Found Dead In Prison Cell
A MURDER inquiry is under way after a former St Ives taxi driver was found dead in Peterborough prison. The unconscious body of 33-year-old Brian Haynes was found slumped in his cell at about 8pm on Thursday night. Nine men have been arrested in the after
A MURDER inquiry is under way after a former St Ives taxi driver was found dead in Peterborough prison.
The unconscious body of 33-year-old Brian Haynes was found slumped in his cell at about 8pm on Thursday night.
Nine men have been arrested in the aftermath of the incident at the Saville Road jail, which is a category B prison.
All the arrested men have been 'bailed' and ordered to attend police stations across the county on November 11.
You may also want to watch:
Haynes, formerly of High Leys in St Ives, was jailed for four years in December 2007 for a violent rampage with a baseball bat.
Attempts were made to revive the prisoner, who was also a suspected drug-dealer, but he was pronounced dead at the scene an hour later.
- 1 Read about the interesting history of the village of Broughton
- 2 Matt Hancock at Hinchingbrooke Hospital today
- 3 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl
- 4 Man dies following collision near Bluntisham
- 5 Broughton - litter-picking, bell cleaning and great community spirit
- 6 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
- 7 Check out some of Huntingdonshire's fascinating history
- 8 Vaccine centre closure date announced amid 60,000 doses target
- 9 Landmark A14 viaduct demolition is captured on camera
- 10 Interactive map shows Covid Indian variant cases in Huntingdonshire
A post-mortem was carried out on Friday, but the cause of death has not yet been established.
A police spokesman said on Monday (September 15): "Police have arrested nine people in relation to the incident. Inquiries are ongoing and other inmates are being interviewed.
"Police are working with the prison ombudsman and prison staff on the investigation.