MP to see revised Town Vision document
THE revised Huntingdon Town Vision, a plan which looks at how the town could be revived, is to be formally presented to the town s MP, Jonathan Djanogly, on Friday. Mr Djanogly said: I congratulate everyone concerned in the production of this vision docu
THE revised Huntingdon Town Vision, a plan which looks at how the town could be revived, is to be formally presented to the town's MP, Jonathan Djanogly, on Friday.
Mr Djanogly said: "I congratulate everyone concerned in the production of this vision document. A great deal of work is being undertaken by local councils, businesses and voluntary organisations to ensure Huntingdon is a town to be proud of.
"Huntingdon has a prosperous and vibrant future. Everyone should visit and comment on the exhibition."
The Vision looks at the potential for development on 15 different sites to preserve the historic fabric of the town while providing opportunities to regenerate areas to the west of the town centre.
You may also want to watch:
Later in the month, there will be a public exhibition of the Civic Trust's proposals and a chance for local people to have their say.
First published in 2000, the Vision has been revised to take account of work already completed and other possibilities now that the A14 viaduct is to be removed.
- 1 Seven arrested after £70k-worth of bicycles stolen
- 2 St Ives beloved market returns to town centre
- 3 Fundraising day at St Neots pub
- 4 Village job club providing vital service
- 5 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 6 Magic show set to go Wrong on stage at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 7 What are the outstanding primary schools in Huntingdonshire?
- 8 New programme of events for Commemoration Hall
- 9 Benefits cut will leave Hunts families 'in debt', warns charity
- 10 Health chief’s stark warning: ‘The virus doesn’t care we changed the rules’
The Vision will be presented to the MP by Councillor Peter Bucknell, Huntingdonshire District Council's executive councillor for planning strategy.
This will take place (weather permitting) at 10am beside the water feature in the newly completed St Benedict's Court. If wet the presentation will be at Pathfinder House.
INFORMATION: The Exhibition will be at All Saints' Church, Market Square, from 4pm-8pm Thursday September 14, 10am-3pm on Saturday September 16, 10am-8pm on Wednesday, September 20 and 10am-3pm on Saturday September 23.
It will also be at the Queen Elizabeth Hall Godmanchester from 4-8pm on Tuesday September 19.