MP must listen or face the electoral consequences
YOU published my letter (April 2) regarding our MP s attitude to the wind farm, aircraft stacking and the A14 which are all in close proximity to this village, or at least will be if they are allowed.I did write the same letter direct to Jonathan Djanogl
YOU published my letter (April 2) regarding our MP's attitude to the wind farm, aircraft stacking and the A14 which are all in close proximity to this village, or at least will be if they are allowed.
I did write the same letter direct to Jonathan Djanogly and, in fairness, he did answer me directly stating that he would oppose the wind farm as and when a planning application was made and that he would continue to monitor the aircraft stacking system - he did not mention the A14 because it's a done deal provided the Government can find the £1billion it appears that it may cost.
For his direct and timely response I am grateful, but I trust that he will hear the groundswell of opinion in this region with regard to the proposed stacking system or sadly he will bear the consequences come the next General Election - as will the councillors from the same party who so quickly jump to Mr Djanogly's defence with little apparent regard or feeling for what their electorate is saying.
We must make it our business to remember how these people serve us come the next local or General Election and, if they have not followed our wishes, we should make sure that we vote accordingly or indeed not at all.
Personally, I cancelled my annual subscription to the Conservative Party some time ago and took a similar subscription to the Dogs' League where I am sure it is put to much better use.
- 1 Police searching for missing man discover body
- 2 Jail for man who boasted he was the St Ives 'weed man'
- 3 Outdoor inflatable water park returns to Huntingdonshire
- 4 Woman has 'medical episode' during A1(M) crash
- 5 Huntingdon and Peterborough hospitals bring back masks after rise in Covid numbers
- 6 Thousands come together at RAF Wyton for Armed Forces Day
- 7 13-year-old helped to rescue distressed paddleboarders
- 8 John Major's 'bad luck' comment is 'absolutely disgraceful' says son of victim
- 9 Two-day closure set for B661 between Great Staughton and Grafham Water
- 10 Car rolled in crash on A14