MP must listen or face the electoral consequences
YOU published my letter (April 2) regarding our MP s attitude to the wind farm, aircraft stacking and the A14 which are all in close proximity to this village, or at least will be if they are allowed.I did write the same letter direct to Jonathan Djanogl
YOU published my letter (April 2) regarding our MP's attitude to the wind farm, aircraft stacking and the A14 which are all in close proximity to this village, or at least will be if they are allowed.
I did write the same letter direct to Jonathan Djanogly and, in fairness, he did answer me directly stating that he would oppose the wind farm as and when a planning application was made and that he would continue to monitor the aircraft stacking system - he did not mention the A14 because it's a done deal provided the Government can find the £1billion it appears that it may cost.
For his direct and timely response I am grateful, but I trust that he will hear the groundswell of opinion in this region with regard to the proposed stacking system or sadly he will bear the consequences come the next General Election - as will the councillors from the same party who so quickly jump to Mr Djanogly's defence with little apparent regard or feeling for what their electorate is saying.
We must make it our business to remember how these people serve us come the next local or General Election and, if they have not followed our wishes, we should make sure that we vote accordingly or indeed not at all.
Personally, I cancelled my annual subscription to the Conservative Party some time ago and took a similar subscription to the Dogs' League where I am sure it is put to much better use.
- 1 Huntingdon man due in court on drug charges
- 2 Jail for Huntingdon man who threatened to kill woman
- 3 New bus service launched to serve Hunts villages
- 4 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 5 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 6 Man who died on A1 at Sawtry is named
- 7 5 suspects identified from New Year's Eve attack
- 8 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 9 Jury challenged to consider 'substantial body of evidence' pointing to Rikki's killer
- 10 Council chiefs left with 'no option' other than tax hike